Posted on: January 16, 2020
Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we're driven to improve quality of life. With annual
sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that
people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby
diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we
make. We've earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S.
and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada's Best Employers. Through our
values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better
ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers,
colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It's Personal. It's a
child, a loved one; it's often about those that can't help
themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care
isn't our category; it's our calling, our mission. We imagine the
solutions that make caring for babies' skin, and preserving dignity
and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At
Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers'
diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available
personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve consumers and
caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare,
retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative
solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale,
flexibility and the use of technology.
Highly motivated self-directed individual who can provide daily
oversight to ensure that financial records are complete, accurate
and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
policies and regulations. Maintain ledgers and sub-ledgers, assist
in preparation of financial statements and reports, fixed asset
management, prepare journal entries, reconcile accounts, compile
and analyze accounting information and data.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Lead daily activities to maintain general ledger. Ensure the
accuracy, effectiveness and integrity of accounting functions and
financial statements. Understands accounting theory and makes
recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying,
allocating and reconciling financial transactions. Summarizes
financial status by collecting and assisting in the preparation of
the Balance Sheet, P&L and other financial statements
- Prepares and records journals entries for assets, liability,
revenue and expenses by compiling and analyzing account
information. Ensures the integrity of the accounting information.
Reconciles and resolves any variances and discrepancies.
- Prepares and generates financial reports and schedules for
specific general ledger accounts used in the analysis of the
financial performance of the business.
- Responsible for all facets of Fixed Asset Accounting including
appropriation request completion, analyzing payback, assigning
useful life according to company policy, tracking spend versus
budget by project, and the recording and maintenance of the fixed
asset sub ledger to ensure that depreciation, net book and tax
values are accurately reflected.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts including accrual
analysis and account reconciliation.
- Assist in monthly/quarterly/annual audit review and SOX
compliance for internal and external auditors. Document and monitor
internal controls. Provide narrative and follow up documentation as
needed. Assist in assessing internal controls including risk
assessments and review of risk areas. Ensure that all deliverables
comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
- Perform Tax accounting functions to include income tax,
franchise tax, sales and use tax preparation and reporting.
- Review financial transactions and apply accounting theory and
principles to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable laws,
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Reconciles bank accounts and enter cash journals into the
general ledger. Performs treasury functions daily.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and Finance with a thorough
knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Mastery skill level and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems
- Analytic and detailed oriented, with good organizational
- Effective verbal, written communication skills and
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and
collaboratively with different levels of employees, management and
external agencies. Able to take on new task with a high level of
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects
simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Senior accountant prepares and provides financial report sand
schedules that assist other departments within the company. Reports
are used to analyze business performance.
- Position provides guidance on accounting policies, practices
and procedure to other departments
- Position provides Intra-departmental guidance to other finance
- Works collaboratively with different levels of employees and
management.- No direct supervision
- Resource for AR, AP and Payroll departments. Senior accountant
is looked to to help pro-actively solve problem- No direct
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting
- Effectively handles multiple projects with a high level of
- Self-directed worker and thinker
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy),
marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Domtar, Greenville , Sr. Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!