Company: Wayne County Public Schools
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Central Services - Human Resources Department
Wayne County Public Schools
- Master's Degree in Administration, North Carolina State Board
- Minimum five years of experience as a teacher. Experience as an
assistant principal preferred.
- Other qualifications as the Superintendent may find
appropriate. REPORTS TO: Superintendent
JOB GOAL: To serve as the leader of a school in developing and
implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities and budgets
in a manner that promotes the educational development of each
student and the professional development of each staff member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Wayne County
Public Schools, along with state and federal regulations pertaining
to all school issues.
- Lead in planning, developing, coordinating and evaluating the
operations of the school. Conceptualize the broad goals and vision
of the school and plan accordingly, to ensure that procedures and
schedules are implemented to carry out the total school
- Identify annual objectives for the instructional,
extra-curricular and athletic programs of the school. Involve the
faculty and others in the development of specific curricular
objectives to meet the needs of the school program in alignment
with state requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date student performance data to evaluate
student progress in the instructional program. Supervise and
appraise the performance of the school staff in accordance with
state and local requirements.
- Maintain inter-school communications and seek assistance from
central office staff to improve performance; maintain good
relationships with students, staff and parents; comply with
established lines of authority.
- Provide structures for the development of an effective
professional learning community aligned with the school improvement
plan, focused on results.
- Supervise and conduct personnel administration duties for
direct report subordinates including; hiring recommendations,
evaluations, assigning special duties, monitoring attendance, and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the
Terms of Employment: Twelve-month employment/Contract/FLSA
Starting Salary and/or Grade: State principal salary schedule
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance
with provisions of the Board and local policy on evaluation of
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
in writing; ability to communicate with school personnel, students,
parents, and central office staff.
- Ability to provide leadership and to supervise the planning,
development and establishment of new, modified or improved
programs, services and activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships as necessitated by work assignment.
- Comply with confidentiality requirements in local, state and
federal policies and statutes.
Keywords: Wayne County Public Schools, Greenville , 2023-2024 Principals, Education / Teaching , Goldsboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...