LCC Operations Engineer
Company: US Cellular
Posted on: January 16, 2020
LCC Operations Engineer - ENG001339
The LCC Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring the highest
availability and reliability of core network services including 5G,
4G LTE, VoLTE, CDMA, and infrastructure support systems at their
assigned LCC facility. The LCC Operations Engineer is responsible
for 24x7 network restoral, tier-3 level advanced support, customer
ticket resolution, vendor technical staff engagement, and disaster
recovery. The LCC Operations Engineer is responsible for reducing
Mean Time to Restoral (MTTR), and ensuring the highest level of
customer service expectations are met, including identifying and
driving process improvements for LCC Operations and the overall
- Responsible for providing 24x7 network service outage restoral
up to and including tier-3 level support for CDMA/VoLTE voice and
3G/4G/5G data network services and equipment (including MME, SAE
Gateway, Media Gateways, Aggregation Routers, legacy CDMA,
Voicemail and Digital Cross Connects systems).
- Interfaces with vendor's technical staff, driving escalations,
and root cause analysis, as well as develops, reviews, and
communicates technical bulletins and critical alerts for network
- Partners with Engineering and Architecture groups by providing
operational feedback on services, network designs, and architecture
in the planning, testing, and acceptance of network expansion, new
service and feature introduction, and software upgrades. Implements
and integrates new services and technology.
- Identifies opportunities for advanced analytics and automation
utilizing object-oriented programming languages such as python and
R and interfaces with Analytics and Automation Engineers.
- Participates in effective change management processes to
include writing/reviewing methods of procedure (MOPs), test plans,
and documenting results.
- Tests and validates services for operational changes to the
network, new services, and feature introduction.
- Maintains Local Connectivity Center (LCC) equipment and related
peripherals to ensure proper operation and compliance with company
standards to include HVAC, Generator, DC Power Plant, Fire
Suppression, and Building Management System.
- Performs administrative responsibilities associated with spares
inventory control, repair and return process, asset management,
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, time entry reporting, and expense
- Associates Degree in Telecommunications/Computer Science or
related field or equivalent work/military experience.
- 6 years or more relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the following areas:
- Voice technologies (CDMA, VoLTE, SIP).
- Data technologies (3G/4G/5G).
- Data networking (L2/L3 Routing, Routing protocols,
- IMS core components as they relate to the EPC.
- Software tools: Element Management Systems/Operational Support
Systems, Netscout NG1, Wireshark, CXM. Python and R programming
- PCAP capture and analysis
- Ability to investigate service and equipment issues,
troubleshoot independently, and analyze Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent time management, prioritization skills, and the
ability to multitask.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Windows OS, connection
oriented methods (SSH, SFTP, Serial).
- Able to establish and effectively leverage strong working
relationships with cross-functional business partners and
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications/Computer Science or
- Network certifications - i.e. MEF, CCNA/CCNP, Nokia SRC, NRS,
Job : Engineering
Location(s) : North Carolina-GREENVILLE_NC
U.S. Cellular-- is an EEO employer and gives consideration to
qualified applicants without regard to
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: US Cellular, Greenville , LCC Operations Engineer, Engineering , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!