Civil Engineering Intern
Company: LDSI, Inc.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
We are a team of dedicated and experienced engineers, surveyors,
designers, and technicians who share a common desire - to help our
clients create solutions for a changing world.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on
creating the best solutions today but also determining the right
solutions for tomorrow.
We are interested in finding a Engineer Intern II or III with an
emphasis on water resources, water quality improvements and
assessment, watershed restoration and planning. The person in this
role will be a key member that will contribute to our company
success by supporting our diverse client base. Ability to lead
projects from inception through project completion. Ability to work
on complex teams to develop water resource solutions working with
junior and senior staff within the company. This position is an
excellent opportunity in a growing office to play an integral part
in market growth and development for improving the watersheds in
which we live!
Roles, may include:
- Assist in the development of project plans, GIS maps, plan
sheets, Civil3D drawings, and survey data management &
- Work within project teams from concept phase through
construction administration for a variety of projects.
- Design and produce engineering construction documents (site
plans, plan/profile, technical reports, specifications, maps).
- Inspect project sites and evaluate contractor work and ensure
conformance to design specifications and applicable codes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering, Biological & Agricultural Engineering,
or Environmental Engineering
- EI registration or the ability to acquire an EI quickly
- > 2 years of experience in civil engineering.
- Thorough knowledge Civil 3D (2017 - 2020); sheet production,
sheet sets, surface modeling, alignments, profiles, corridor
modeling, and grading objects.
- Knowledge of GIS and algorithms associated with hydraulic and
hydrologic modeling; terrain modeling; and map preparation.
- Knowledge of preparing final designs, plans and specifications,
engineering cost and performance time estimates.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated decision
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently to complete work
- Knowledge of the design of stormwater, stream restoration,
wetland restoration, and watershed planning and a good
understanding of current rules and regulations associated with
water resource design elements.
Keywords: LDSI, Inc., Greenville , Civil Engineering Intern, Engineering , Kinston, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!