Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Domtar Corporation
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of
products including communication papers, specialty paper and
packaging papers and absorbent hygiene products. We operate the
following business segments: Pulp and Paper and Personal Care. We
had revenues of $5.5 Billion in 2018; approximately 18% was from
our Personal Care segment. Who is Domtar Personal Care? Personal
care is not just our business. It's Personal. It's a child, a loved
one; it's often about those that can't help themselves. Caring for
them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn't our category;
it's our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make
caring for babies' skin, and preserving dignity and independence
easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe
everyone deserves personal care. Our Vision To be a global leader
in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers' diverse needs through
effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
Our Mission We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve
consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care,
through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value
through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency
through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
Using technical project management, work with product platform
teams to effectively identify, scope, justify and implement
projects to improve overall equipment effectiveness. Provide
support for troubleshooting of immediate machine issues.
Participate as a teammate with large scale capital projects. Key
- Utilize Lean, 6-sigma, Kepner-Trego and other tools to analyze
historical data while working with product platform and plant teams
to address ongoing reliability, quality and productivity
- Analyze waste, quality and downtime data to set priorities for
improvement of plant systems
- Identify potential part failures and utilizing available and
identified resources, address failure on an immediate timeline and
failure mode on a future timeline.
- Plan and lead the implementation of short-term and mid-term
projects within the platform.
- Provide technical input and implementation support for
long-term capital expansion projects.
- Provide input to maintenance staff on historical areas of
concern and methods to eliminate risks.
- Ability to analyze historical data and determine failure modes
and improvement strategies.
- Ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems efficiently
- Thinks & acts strategically: keeps the mission & values at the
forefront through daily and long term decision-making
- Demonstrates consistent initiative, sense of urgency, humility,
and relentless pursuit of success.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and to lead
cross-functional teams to achieve plant goals. Position
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 6 years experience in manufacturing environment
delivering mechanical projects
- Experience driving plant efficiency through development of
effective and efficient maintenance processes and systems
- Working knowledge of automated equipment
design(Autocad/Solidworks) and Microsoft Office tools. Domtar is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered
without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran
status. Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color,
sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic
information, disability, or veteran status. You have been
redirected to a Domtar job page
Keywords: Domtar Corporation, Greenville , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!