Senior Electrical Project Engineer
Company: WestRock Company
Location: Roanoke Rapids
Posted on: August 7, 2022
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide
differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in
the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers
around the world from more than 350 operating and business
locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and
Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for managing capital
projects, maintenance projects, and reliability improvement
initiatives. You will provide technical assistance to the operating
departments to help them achieve the mill's goals and objectives
while driving continuous process improvement.Manages all phases of
capital and expense projects from inception through final
project.The Project Engineer will support all Mill goals such as
safety, environmental, quality assurance, cost, and budgets.The
Project Engineer will outline project requirements, assign tasks,
and supervise progress to ensure that project objectives are being
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a
manufacturing environment and manage capital projects, maintenance
projects, and reliability improvement initiatives.
How You Will Impact Westrock
- Develop projects from conception to completion through the
Company's Project Delivery Process, a Front End Planning (FEP)
- Develop scopes of work for both projects and contracts.
- Estimate the costs of the projects to varying degrees of
accuracy, up to and including as accurate as +/-5%
- Perform technical analyses and compare technical options.
- Prepare funding document requests, including writing reports of
project development activities.
- Perform layouts, designs, sketches, and drawings as required to
install certain aspects of projects.
- Prepare bid packages for engineering and construction
- Manage external consulting engineers on portions of or on
- Manage external contractors during construction activities,
including safe work practices, OSHA compliance, and quality and
accuracy compliance to the project requirements.
- Manage and control cost on projects.
- Manage and promote compliance with mill safety rules, programs,
and standards. Assure employees and contractors are instructed in
safe work practices.
- Provide technical assistance on electrical and instrumentation
(E&I) matters as necessary.
- Support and promote usage of the Root Cause Failure Analysis
(RCFA) process, Pareto charting, the use of equipment histories to
further reduce variability, improve quality, reduce cost and/or
- Seek and share best practices within the Roanoke Rapids Mill
and the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 2- 5 years of experience an electrical engineering role in the
heavy industrial or process industries; Work experience in the
paper industry is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and process-analysis skills to evaluate
data and make decisions to drive process improvements
- Proven track record of leadership and collaboration within
cross functional teams
What We Offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability,
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability,
Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements
of the daily work.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We strive to create and
maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued,
respected, and included.WestRock does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: electrical project engineer, project engineer,
electrical, senior electrical engineer, senior electrical project
engineer, senior capital project engineer, senior capital projects
engineer, electrical capital project engineer, electrical capital
projects engineer, capital projects engineer, e&I, e&I
engineer, electrical & instrumentation, instrumentation, controls,
controls engineering, controls engineer, process control engineer,
process control engineering, electrical engineering, electrical
engineer, capital projects, paper, linerboard, paperboard, liner,
freesheet, coated, brown stock, containerboard, boxboard,
cartonboard, medium, kraft, kraftboard, kraft board, sbb, sbs
Keywords: WestRock Company, Greenville , Senior Electrical Project Engineer, Engineering , Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!