Company: AAF Flanders
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Process Engineer Full-time / Part-time: FT - Employee Exempt /
Non-Exempt: Salaried Exempt Location: Washington, NC, US, 27889
Shift: Home Shift 1 Requisition ID: 6451 Division: Flanders AAF
International offers the most comprehensive clean air solutions
available across the globe. Selling under the American Air Filter
and the AAF International brand names, AAF International has been
an industry pioneer since 1921 with manufacturing operations in 22
countries with over 6000 employees globally. Our products are the
industry benchmarks for quality and performance. Our applications
include commercial, industrial and residential solutions from the
filters used in your home to the most critical cleanroom and power
generation applications.We are a member of the Daikin Group, the
world's largest air conditioning provider with $30 billion in
revenue and over 75,000 employees worldwide. Founded in 1924,
Daikin has grown into a diversified industrial manufacturing
company offering solutions in clean, air, air conditioning,
refrigeration, chemicals, oil hydraulics, defense systems and
electronics. Our culture of continuous improvement, safety, and
world class operations is driven by our people-centered management
philosophy. This philosophy is built around mutual selection: that
while AAF seeks top talent people to join and deliver on our team,
we also want each team member to receive job satisfaction, growth &
development, and continued happiness in being a long-term member of
the AAF family. This is fueled by our belief in treating our
people, our supply partners, our customers and our environment with
the trust and respect we each require, and our passion to give back
to our community for our success.Read more about our philosophy at:
International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Disability/Veteran. PURPOSE OF POSITION The role of the process
engineer is to evaluate existing processes and to develop
improvement ideas to reduce cost, improve sustainability and
develop best practices within the production process. The main
focus of the process engineers work is on maintaining reliable and
safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates,
efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers. The process engineer
is a part of a team driven to identify, develop and to constantly
improve process capability and production volume while maintaining
and improving quality standards. PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Collect, record and transcribe data from manufacturing
- Compare data from various manufacturing plants to determine
most efficient and inefficient production lines develop & implement
strategies to improve inefficient production lines.
- Analysis of production data to identify production
- Develop and implement process improvements based on analyzing
and identifying inefficiencies.
- Drive continuous improvement by developing and implementing
systems that optimize all phases of the production process.
- Provide technical inputs for incident investigation, root cause
analysis and corrective action.
- Use industry standard practices including time studies and
other analysis tools as required.
- Travel to production plants within North America implementing
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. DECISIONS AND
- Manages Process Improvement projects.
- Sets priority of projects based on the needs of the
- Directs and supports team members in Project Improvement
projects. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Process
Engineering ; four (4) years of relevant work experience
demonstrating knowledge of specialized principles or techniques
equivalent to those that would be normally obtained through a
formal four-year college/university academic program or an in-depth
specialized training program directly related to the type of work
being performed will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelors
- 3+ years of process-related engineering in a manufacturing
- Talent for prioritizing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced
- High level of organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Enjoys teamwork.
- Must have proven track record of ability to follow up and
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have the
ability to generate technical reports and articles suitable for
presentation to executives.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurate and detail oriented while being highly organized with
the ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and effectively plan
the use of resources with limited involvement from management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in all areas of the plant with exposure to noise and
- Must be able to use various office equipment, such as computer,
telephone, calculator, facsimile, copier and printer.
- Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain
information needed to perform job functions. We are an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, veteran status, uniform servicemember status,
age, disability or any other legally recognized protected personal
characteristics. Nearest Major Market: Raleigh Nearest Secondary
Market: Rocky Mount Apply now
Keywords: AAF Flanders, Greenville , Process Engineer, Engineering , Washington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!