Supplier Development Engineer
Company: Hitachi Vantara Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Hitachi energy is seeking a remote Hub Supplier
Quality and Development Engineer. This role is responsible to
ensure customers satisfied with PGTR products via applying
risk-oriented quality assurance methodologies and necessary
supplier improvement initiatives to achieve on-time and on-quality
delivery of the supplier parts/materials. Complete quality audits,
surveillance, and the inspections at supplier manufacturing
locations. Perform supply quality issue resolution for escalated
suppliers. Lead the supplier performance tracking for each BU/HUB
category. Lead the supplier performance improvement actions for the
targeted suppliers. Implement and sustain PG/PGTR supply quality
procedures within the BU/HUB's. Ensure the appropriate utilization
of the SBM tools.Your Responsibilities:
- Supplier Qualification: Support Category teams within the
supplier qualification process through evaluating the
- qualification assessment forms and recommending the appropriate
- Ensure the supply base is and remains fully qualified and
compliant through regular monitoring and the reporting of the
- Supplier Assessment (On-site Audits): Plan and conduct the
required supplier on-site audits including the assessment reporting
(with qualification decision), corrective action plan alignment
with the suppliers.
- Follow-up and confirm the effective closure of corrective
action plan items by the suppliers.
- Supply Base Compliance (for HUB SQEs): Participate in the SSDP
(Supplier Sustainability Development Program) assessments.
- Conduct regular status update meetings with the suppliers and
confirm the closure of corrective action plan items by the
suppliers within the defined resolution time frame.
- Parts Qualification: PPAP process governance for BU/HUB
Category parts/components (creation of category specific parts
approval requirement standard)
- Lead the production part approval process for the high priority
cases including the coordination of trial parts and first article
inspection activities with the factory quality.
- Visualize the successfully completed PPAP's at the
global/regional level to all SCM/Quality community to avoid the
duplication of the efforts.
- Supplier Issue Resolution, Non-Conformance, and Claim
Management: Lead the non-conformity resolution process with the
suppliers in case of the escalated technical issues from the
factories and ensure the effective root-cause analysis and the
countermeasure implementation by the suppliers.
- Lead the escalation of the suppliers to BU/HUB SQM in-case of
the poor resolution of the identified issues.
- Supplier Performance Monitoring: Monitor and consolidate the
supplier delivery and quality KPI's, the critical nonconformities
escalated from the factories.
- Ensure completion of annual Supplier Performance Evaluations
(SPE) for the identified suppliers by the category management
(including reporting per Category/HUB)
- Identify the critical supplier list per category and define the
improvement target(s) per supplier.
- Plan/execute the supplier on-site assessment in case of a
detailed process investigation is required.
- Share the supplier performance KPI's and the critical supplier
list regularly with the BU/HUB SCM and the Category Teams.
- Supplier Performance Improvement: Lead the supplier performance
improvement actions for the targeted suppliers to meet the customer
and the Hitachi Energy's factories' expectations (following DMAIC,
A3 and/or 8D methodology).
- Lead the escalation of the suppliers to BU/HUB Category
Management in-case of uncollaborative suppliers.
- Process and Systems Compliance: Implement PG/PGTR supply
quality procedures within the assigned responsibility area.
- Develop/issue the specific supplier and part/material quality
procedures for the related category.
- Ensure the appropriate utilization of the SBM tools within the
BU/HUB organizations and the local units.
- Monitor and ensure the supplier performance data, the supplier
quality costs and the claims are reported according to PG/PGTR
guidelines and instructions.
- Interface with Category Management: Closely collaborate with
the Category teams to support the implementation of Category
strategy (CIPS) and provide recommendations from supplier
performance and capability perspectives (e.g: support for the
supplier classification, new supplier selection, onboarding or
- Interface with the Suppliers: Represent the "voice of customer"
to the suppliers during the supplier audits and as well as other
remote activities and follow-up (e.g: interface with suppliers'
engineering, operations and quality senior management).
- Quality Projects: Complete special quality and continuous
improvement projects such as Advanced Product Quality Planning,
Lean Six Sigma, supplier manuals, etc. in line with the yearly BU
- Lead and execute the assigned Dynamic Evolution projects for
the corresponding categories (including the team establishment,
necessary preparation to pass each gate and tracking of benefit
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity,
which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring
for your colleagues and the business.Your Background:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering-oriented discipline and
minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering
degree, along with experience with managing supplier quality
activities or project management.
- Experience with executing and delivering cost out projects and
- Yellow or Green Belt with exposure to lean manufacturing
- Experience working in projects using APQP (Advanced Product
Quality Planning) methodology.
- This role will have Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career
site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at
1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: Hitachi Vantara Corporation, Greenville , Supplier Development Engineer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!