Posted on: September 23, 2018
VHBs Raleigh, NC office is looking for a Traffic Engineer to join our growing traffic engineering team.
VHBs passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Conducting intersection, corridor, and/or freeway traffic capacity analyses
- Preparation of traffic impact analysis (TIA) studies
- Traffic data collection and tabulation
- Conducting traffic safety studies including field audits and crash data assessments
- Conducting intersection and roadway level of service analyses for a variety of transportation projects
- Conducting traffic signal design or timing plans
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience in various aspects of traffic engineering and transportation planning
- Experience with traffic capacity analysis software (Synchro, HCS, Sidra, VISSIM, TransModeler)
- Ability and interest in working on a wide variety of transportation assignments
- Experience with multimodal planning, traffic safety studies, and statistical analysis desirable
- Knowledge of travel demand models (TransCAD), ArcGIS, or Google Sketchup will be a plus
- Knowledge of NCDOT mobility and safety procedures including use of the Traffic Engineering Accident Analysis System (TEAAS) will be a plus
- Experience conducting NCDOT project prioritization volume and model development assignments are a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheet calculations
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Being self-motivated and paying attention to detail
- 4 6 years of traffic engineering experience
- BS in Civil Engineering, Masters degree preferred
- PE license
- We regret, that at this time we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas
At VHB, were invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. Were proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 36 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans, are encouraged to apply.
VHB participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.
Keywords: VHB, Greenville , Traffic Engineer, Engineering , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!