Procurement Manager, Filtration
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: May 14, 2022
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.The Procurement Manager - Filtration,
drives the execution of complex category strategies encompassing
multiple sites necessary to continuously improve the assigned
categories of spend. Collaborates with a cross-functional team of
sourcing, operations, technical, finance and other key stakeholders
to prioritize sourcing initiatives, develops sourcing strategies,
negotiates contracts, supports spend migration from incumbent to
preferred suppliers, and manages preferred supplier
- Develops a category strategy to deliver performance in: Annual
cost savings, supplier rationalization, spend under master
agreement, supplier performance, supply chain risk management and
new product introductions.
- Creates a multi-year productivity funnel that delivers 3-5%
year over year net productivity.
- Selects & develops a strong supplier base to support multiple
- Manages performance of suppliers via SBRs and scorecards.
- Works with Divisions, BU's and Sites to implement sourcing
- Is the primary contact for suppliers.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Life Sciences preferred.
- High School Degree required.
- 5+ years' experience in sourcing preferred
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain or technical operations
experience with increasing responsibility and experience in a large
matrixed company environment.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track
record of achieving significant year over year results
- Sets strategy and champions change within the organization
- General knowledge of basic Project Management Tools - project
plans, timelines, risk assessments, etc. Project Management
certification a plus.
- 6 Sigma/PPI training a plus.EEO/Reasonable Accommodation:Thermo
Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability, or any other legally protected status.We will
ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
an accommodation.At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our
70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Apply today!
http://jobs.thermofisher.comThermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Greenville , Procurement Manager, Filtration, Executive , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!