Production Manager Trainee 2 - HPD - North Region
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job LocationsUS-NC-AULANDERYour OpportunityThe Production
Manager Trainee 2 is responsible for learning, demonstrating
knowledge and skills, and becoming certified in all aspects of
company systems and the pork industry standards. This position
functions under the supervision of the appropriate department
leader while performing all duties and responsibilities as a
learning/development process. Core Responsibilities
- Learns, demonstrates capability/knowledge and becomes certified
in all farm department areas including fulfilling all the
requirements and responsibilities listed under the
Breeding/Farrowing and Nursery/Finishing job description.
- Gains a solid understanding of and ability to implement company
systems such as pig production processes, animal flow, farm health,
genetics, husbandry, etc.
- Performs and masters all hourly jobs under supervision. Becomes
certified in each job after showing competence and
skill/understanding in each.
- Develops and prepares required reports on experiences
encountered and addresses/shares opportunities for
- Responsible for complying with all environmental laws and
procedures to which Smithfield LLC subscribes.
- Responsible for completion of Leadership Certification
- Incumbent will be responsible for understanding and complying
with company IPS, biosecurity, animal welfare, and EMS policies and
procedures in the performance of their job duties.
- Reports all environmental, animal care, and biosecurity issues
immediately to their supervisor.
- Performs the responsibilities as the acting HOD as needed by
- Be on call to work in emergency situations such as alarm calls,
inclement weather, power outages, personnel shortages, and
- Responsible for progression in the Manager Training development
program. Reports any issue that interferes with completion of
development program to Human Resources. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
assigned. QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the
- 4-year college degree in Animal Science or related Agricultural
field of study, or equivalent supervisory experience and/or
previous swine experience; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must be able to work an average 48 hour week, which can vary
- Weekend, evening, and holiday work required as needed.
- Must shower in and out of farm facilities daily
- Ability to lead others
- Ability and willingness to relocate to complete training and
assume first managerial assignment
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Must be supportive of the mission of raising swine for human
consumption of high quality pork products.
- Must be able to tolerate and willing to learn and perform the
following tasks: euthanasia, castration, vaccinations, piglet
processing, ear tagging for identification, taking blood samples
and other procedures normal to animal husbandry.
- Must be able to operate a high pressure washing system.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesWhen basic technical certification is
complete, will provide leadership and guidance to personnel within
a department with Manager oversight Work Environment & Physical
DemandsThe work environment characteristics & physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision and
ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs .
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and
talk or hear.
- Must be able to tolerate blood, animal dander, manure, dust,
odors, and frequently noisy conditions. Careers and BenefitsTo
learn more about Smithfields benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTERMore than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENTWorking
at Smithfield isn't just a job it's the foundation for a lifelong
career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
BENEFITSOur people matter. That's why we offer excellent,
comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGESustainability is ingrained in our culture and
guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
future.About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since
1936,Smithfield Foods, Inc. (https://www.smithfieldfoods.com/) is
an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com
, and connect with us
InformationSmithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job related
characteristic as directed by law. Connect With Us!ID2022-25241Job
Keywords: Smithfield, Greenville , Production Manager Trainee 2 - HPD - North Region, Executive , Aulander, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!