Manager, Manufacturing Planning
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Manager, Manufacturing Planning
Provides on-time delivery, schedule production, inventory management, and capacity management. Circumstances where scheduling conflicts occur, the Master Planner will facilitate the review of plan options with production, Quality Assurance (QA), Labs, M&S and where appropriate customer planning organizations for resolution. Initiates the escalation process for management review in the event that a resolution cannot be identified.
- Participates in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process for commercial and development. Participates in meetings with key customer planning organizations.
- Monitors the performance of the DSC process based on defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and targets as input to the S&OP meeting and as input for continues improvement projects (e.g. capacity utilization, OTD, schedule adherence).
- Sets, maintains and manages Master Production Schedule, including Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Reports important deviations between the Master Production Scheduling (MPS) and the S&OP to the Sr. Manager (in consultation with DCA). Evaluates the load of critical resources (raw materials, work centers or specific equipment) as a result of the existing S&OP.
- Ensures Master Data is updated and Material Availability to support S&OP plan.
- Monitors detailed Manufacturing and Packaging (MFG / PKG) planning compared to the Master Production Schedule. Makes daily (due to significant special cause variation in the Patheon processes) adjustments to the Master Production Schedule and shipment plan and communicate to all involved in executing the plans.
- Sets and maintains the shipment plan based on supply agreed. Monitor and manage batch release process. Monitors progress against shipment plan. Manages backlog.
- Evaluates and responds to Customer Change Requests within the firm zone (CCRs). Communicates with account managers and customers (DSCM linked directly with larger accounts) to spread customer demand in line with available capacity. Seeks resolution for capacity conflicts in consultation with DCA.
- Attends daily On Time On Schedule (OTOS) meetings. Oversee risks to MPS and detailed schedule and ensure actions and owners of risk mitigations are in place. Works with the team to develop corrective and preventative actions to special cause deviations.
- Communicates and aligns with Manufacturing and provide input for lab, QA, EM and other support functions.
- Determines the inventory plan based on agreed stock targets. Monitors inventory levels versus planning. Minimizes inventory while ensuring material availability. Reports details on blocked and rejected inventory. Identifies capacity constraints or low utilization at least 6 months ahead.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace. Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Operations Management, Logistics area, Business Administration, Science, Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology is required/preferred.
Three years of experience in materials planning, capacity planning, detailed scheduling and master scheduling is strongly preferred.
Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Competencies:Strong understanding of the various planning functions relative to manufacturing process capabilities.
Knowledge of inventory control techniques, working knowledge and application of planning functions related to Capacity Planning (CPS), Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), and interfacing systems (i.e., QA, Forecasting).
Understanding of customer needs in relationship to process capabilities (production, material and QA lead times).
Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multitask and is results-oriented.
Very high degree of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public, including tact to handle sensitive matters.
Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Requires discretion and independent judgment.
Ability to lead or coach people.Physical Requirements:
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed. Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Greenville , Manager, Manufacturing Planning, Executive , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!