Medical Director Role for Coastal Plains Network (Physician #)
Company: Vidant Health
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Administrative/CEO opening in Greenville, North Carolina. The role
of the Medical Director is to lead through directing and
coordinating clinical activities of the Coastal Plains Network, an
approved Medicare Shared Saving Program acting as an Accountable
Care Organization (ACO). This role includes physician alignment
around activities related to quality improvement, utilization/cost
management, credentialing and information technology infrastructure
(EHR). Prior experience with a MSSP ACO is preferred. The Medical
Director serves as the chief clinical liaison representative
between the Coastal Plains Network and other health care
organizations and providers. As Vidant Health develops clinically
integrated networks (CIN) this role may also provide leadership for
those areas. Essential Functions:
- Serves as the clinical liaison for providers participating in
- Evaluates ACO membership and actively participates in
developing material, programs and projects aimed at retention and
recruitment, identification of new trends and opportunities.
- Remains informed about political, government, insurance, and
local practice developments which might affect providers and the
- Report ACO-wide results to participating providers.
- Communicates consistently and routinely with ACO
- Mentor physicians in order to foster effective leadership in
- Adopt a focus on patient centeredness that is promoted by the
ACO Board of Managers and integrated into the ACO's provider
- Promote evidence-based medicine and internally report on
quality and cost metrics, including the coordination of care.
- Promotes patient engagement through provider surveys,
education, and shared decision-making.
- Develop a communication process for ACO participants to report
on quality and cost metrics which enables the ACO to monitor,
provide feedback, and evaluate its ACO participants to improve care
- Coordinate care across and among primary care physicians,
specialists, and acute and post-acute providers and suppliers.
- Review clinical standards established by the Quality and Safety
- Participate in ACO outreach and education efforts.
- Help develop communication strategy for ACO operations (Finance
and Quality). Qualifications:
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Active MD/DO degree from an accredited U. S. Medical
- Current unrestricted medical license in the state of North
- Minimum of five years of post-residency clinical practice
experience desired with 3-5 years of progressive administrative
responsibility with ACO, CMS, insurance contracting, strategic
planning, and health care administration preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills Vidant
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that
serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina
counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees,
nine hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant
Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with
more than 500 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern
North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of
Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for
health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the
health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more
information, visit Greenville, NC:
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop.
91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a
regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping.
Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from
Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic
Ocean. North Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks,
professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches,
high ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and
cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to
live, practice medicine and vacation.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college
community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and
nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and
affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville's
revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and
residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including
greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming
pools, a Town Common and an amphitheater
Keywords: Vidant Health, Greenville , Medical Director Role for Coastal Plains Network (Physician #), Executive , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!