Restaurant General Manager
Company: Alliance Pancake Partners
Posted on: August 9, 2019
Restaurant General Manager
The General Manager directs the operation of an assigned unit by
performing the duties outlined below.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain professional functional working
relationships with IHOP restaurant hourly employees, Corporate and
Regional employees, and guests.
- Implement the IHOP 101 team member training program for all
restaurant hourly employees, to improve unit operations and the
- Execute annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest
service, and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for
assigned unit as defined by the current Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP) and current operations plan.
- Manage the restaurant floor and focus on regular contact with
- Maintain the frequency of guest complaints within acceptable
limits and handle complaints in a professional and timely
- Ensure approved comment cards are in use and acted
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations that are
applicable to the assigned unit.
- Recruit, train and retain employees as defined by the current
SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
- Maintain turnover within acceptable limits.
- Conduct on-going coaching and administer the restaurant hourly
- Assure performance appraisals and that merit increases (if
applicable) are given as scheduled.
- Properly document performance problems. Communicate and enforce
policies on 1) sexual harassment, 2) discrimination, 3) diversity.
Maintain crewmember appearance and uniform standards.
- Ensure food is in compliance with SOP in the areas of
specifications, recipes, plating, and garnishes.
- Ensure food is presented well and served at appropriate
temperatures, within standard ticket times.
- Control guest checks and follow proper register/cash-handling
- Implement national and local marketing promotions, including
the use of the correct Point of Purchase (POP), posters, and
placements. Keep menus clean and in good condition.
- Use Family Friendly promotional items as described in the
marketing section of the SOP
- Complete all required reports and paperwork.
- Handle paperwork accurately and on a timely basis.
- Maintain personnel files with appropriate employment and legal
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise Assistant Managers and restaurant hourly
employees at assigned unit. Responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of the Company unit. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two
to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
guests or restaurant employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- A valid Driver s License will be necessary to drive a car on
- Certification through assigned IHOP training courses as
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Alliance Pancake Partners, Greenville , Restaurant General Manager, Executive , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!