7p-7a NC LPN Nurse-in-Charge HCC w/SOB Potential!!!
Posted on: January 17, 2022
DescriptionPruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer.
All new Partners are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination
or be willing to get vaccinated within 30 days of employment. We
will consider medical and/or religious exemptions on a case-by-case
basis. -JOB PURPOSE: - -Assists in nursing care for the
patients/residents, and monitors the day-to-day nursing activities
performed by assigned nursing assistants; within the scope of the
assigned Unit, timeframe/shift, and assigned patient/resident care.
- Such responsibilitiesshould be performed in accordance with
federal, state, and local regulations governing our nursing center,
and as such may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical
Director, the RN Charge Nurse, and/or the Director of Health
Services to provide the appropriate care for our
patients/residents. -KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
- Assists the Director of Health Services to coordinate the care
planning/MDS process and committee meetings as necessary.
- Participates in patient screening and selection process as
- Assists the Director of Health Services to monitor physician
services (documentation and visits etc.) in accordance with current
- Assists the Director of Health Services in follow-up on
consultant recommendations i.e.., pharmacy, dietary, etc.
- Provides demonstration as necessary for Nursing Assistants to
- Completes documentation procedures on patients/residents
(appropriate use of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation
- Directs work of the CNA and ensure that it is carried out
timely and in accordance with the patient's established plan of
care and reports to the RN Supervisor.
- Makes recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Reviews "Keep 'Em" survey to determine what is important to the
newly hired CNA and review what the new CNA can expect from the
Nurse-In-charge based on Commitment survey and four My Innerview
- Reinforces expectations to the CNA outlined in the job
- Makes assignments to CNA within the assigned hall.
- Provides feedback on job performance of the CNA as relating to
the 90-day evaluation
- Delivers medications (setting up, rotating, charting, ordering,
giving to patient etc.)
- Orders, maintains and uses of stock drugs.
- Administration and documentation of insulin.
- Use and delivery of PRN medications.
- Use and delivery of topical treatment application (eye, ear,
- Use, delivery and documentation of narcotic medication.
- Receives drugs from pharmacy in accordance with established
- Application of sterile dressings.
- Delivers enemas ( S & S, and fleets)
- Insertion, irrigation and routine care of male/female
- Delivery of tube feedings (insertion, flushing, proper amounts
- Collection of lab specimens and interpreting results.
- IV implementation and administration.
- Seizure precautions and administration of IV medication during
- Admits, discharges and transfers patients/residents as
- Documentation and billing of supplies used.
- Sends patients/residents to the hospital as necessary.
- Provides information in support of corrective disciplinary
action up to and including recommendation for termination
- Participates in grievance procedure in collaboration with the
RN Charge Nurse.
- Responsible for ensuring "Tenet Time" is presented and
discussed with all partners prior to and following all shifts.
- Exercises appropriate judgement when necessary regarding the
behavior and job performance of the CNA according to established
policies and procedures, and report action taken to the RN
Supervisor.QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:Nursing Degree
from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an
accredited/approved LPN program. -MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION
REQUIRED BY LAW: - Current, active and unrestricted Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in state of practice. -ADDITIONAL
QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)Previous nursing
experience in a long term care facility preferred. - Previous
supervisory experience preferred.Job: NursingPrimary Location:
North Carolina-KinstonSchedule: Full-timeShift: 2nd ShiftJob
Posting: Sep 20, 2021, 4:10:32 PM
Keywords: PruittHealth, Greenville , 7p-7a NC LPN Nurse-in-Charge HCC w/SOB Potential!!!, Healthcare , Kinston, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!