Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: May 14, 2022
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The registered professional nurse (CAP RN 1)
position is an entry level designation into the Clinical
Advancement Program for Registered Nurses. The CAP RN 1 is
accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of
clinically competent care including assessment, planning,
intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of patients. As a
member of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) health care team, the
CAP RN 1 participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership
functions, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient
care outcomes and facility operations. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:All duties and responsibilities are expected to be
performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy,
procedures, standards of nursing practice, state and federal
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Clinical Manager (CM) and with the guidance from the Educator,
Preceptor or a CAP RN 2, 3, 4 or 5 for the first 6 months of
- Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next CAP
level, for which they qualify, within 24 months from date of
- Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post hemodialysis treatment for assigned
patients and documents in the patient medical record, adjusts or
modifies the treatment plan as indicated and notifies Team Leader,
Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager or Physician as needed.
- Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input.
- Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates
with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
- Directs and provides, in collaboration with direct and
ancillary patient care staff, all aspects of the daily provision of
safe and effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to
- Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s), and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
- Ensures correct laboratory collection, processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
- Ensures physician orders for assigned patients are entered and
acknowledged in the Medical Record
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
- Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to FKC policy and procedures.
- Promotes infection control, equipment and environmental
- Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Identifies expected outcomes, documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
- Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as
appropriate for individual patient education and counseling.
- Checks availability of adequate emergency equipment and
supplies as assigned.
- Assists with medication tracking and inventory as
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
- Supports and promotes the FMCNA's mission, vision, values, and
customer service philosophy.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and
equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water
solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet. The work environment
is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature
control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and
- Day to day work includes desk work, computer work and
interaction with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
The position may require travel to training sites or other
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above. SUPERVISION:
- Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LPNs as a Team
Leader or designated Nurse in charge, after the following:
- Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees plus
- Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as an RN plus
- Successful completion of 3 months experience in chronic
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 2 years of nephrology
nursing experience within the last two years or for RNs with a BSN
and less than 1 year of nephrology nursing experience within the
last two years.
- Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Chronic hemodialysis experience (preferred).
- Successful completion of FKC Education and Training
requirements for new employees.
- Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS
- Meet all conditions of employment including Ishihara's Color
- Successful completion of all annual required
- Successful completion of on-going training and education as
assigned or required. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Greenville , Outpatient Registered Nurse - RN $10,000 Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Ayden, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!