Speech Pathologist (Full Time or Part Time)
Location: Snow Hill
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we are caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you will be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you are looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and purse your goals for the future join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for working to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat
speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication,
and swallowing disorders in adults. Additionally, provides aural
rehabilitation for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing and
provides augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems
for individuals with severe expressive and/or language
comprehension disorders. Speech therapy is provided under a
physician approved plan of care.
- Performs comprehensive patient examination/evaluation at the
initial visit to establish a plan of care based on the assessment
findings and approved by the physician.
- Re-assesses the patient at a minimum of every 30 days;
documents patient's progress toward goals; makes necessary
revisions to patient's plan of care in conjunction with physician;
assesses and documents the patient's continual care needs.
- Provides skilled services and patient management including
interventions that are consistent and in accordance with the
physician approved plan of care.
- Provides documentation for each visit according to ASHA
Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for
inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
- Performs coordination of care by participating on
interdisciplinary team and observing, recording, and reporting the
patient's response to treatment to the team.
- Provides resources for future therapy needs and promotes
wellness and prevention.
- Identifies the patient's need for other disciplines/services
and initiates the appropriate referral.
- Acts as a consultant to other care providers as
- Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately, and according
to OASIS user's manual definitions.
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart
audit activities, quality improvement activities including OBQI and
OBQM, and peer review activities.
- Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with
the agency that admitted the patient and utilizes other agency care
providers to assist with referrals to community resources.
- Supervises the Home Health Aide when SN is not active in the
case. Communicates plan of care changes to the Aide and other
appropriate staff as necessary.
- Keeps abreast of speech pathology trends and knowledge for the
service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice speech pathology
specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language
Pathology (CCC-SLP) with completed graduate course work and a
clinical practicum at a college or university whose program is
accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology
and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA).
- Current CPR certification.Preferred
- One (1+) year of experience in speech pathology.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Greenville , Speech Pathologist (Full Time or Part Time), Healthcare , Snow Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!