Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections
Company: FSR People
Posted on: June 22, 2022
- Halifax, NC, USA
Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections job in Halifax, North Carolina.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections job overview:
- Responsible for providing holistic nursing care within the
appropriate scope of practice to incarcerated patients.
- Work under the direction of the Physician, Director of Nursing
and/or Nursing Supervisor and collaborate with a multidisciplinary
team to identify, assess, and respond to a wide range of physical,
psychological and social needs of the patient.
- Provide a broad range of services to the center including
screening, assessment, medication delivery, treatment plans and
- Conduct segregation checks a minimum of three times per week or
more as dictated by the prison unit standard operating
- Prepare and administer medications as per physician order.
- Refer inmates to physician's clinics, or hospitals as
- Prepare medical records for transferring inmates, including
following the policy and procedure for medication transfer in the
- Provide inmates access to quality healthcare provided by
competent healthcare professionals in a fiscally responsible
- Ensure proper organization and maintenance of health records in
accordance with the prison unit policies and the DPS Health Care
Policies and Procedures Manual,and assure that the prison unit
health care standard operating procedures are maintained in a
current state at all times.
- Maintaining statistics and submit appropriate reports monthly
to the facility superintendent and appropriate nurse
- Physical activity requirements include climbing up and down
stairs, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking
pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking and hearing.
Workers are exposed to infectious diseases and must adhere to blood
borne pathogen exposure control plan. Must be able to lift and/or
turn patients, exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and /or
up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Responsible for provision and care of appropriate work attire
during the term of the contract. Appropriate work attire for this
contract is defined as light blue pants and coordinating,
non-revealing light blue top. Failure to comply with this
requirement may result in termination of contract.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections job qualifications:
- RN Licensure: current, active, unrestricted in North Carolina
- 1 year clinical experience
- Graduate of a North Carolina state approved nursing
- Pass the NCLEX exam
- Ability to pass facility requirements
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
www.FSRpeople.comFSR provides healthcare professionals to
government facilities supporting active duty military service
members, retirees, and their families. FSR began as a women-owned,
minority-owned, small business in Maryland and has grown to an
award-winning organization serving the federal government
nationwide and around the globe. We invite you to join our
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity
Employer: disability/veteran/military spouseThis contractor and
subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a),
60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status
as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and
prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered
prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status or disability.FSR
Keywords: FSR People, Greenville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Corrections, Healthcare , Halifax, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!