Medical Assistant I Certified- UNC Neurology at Lenoir
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Description UNC Neurology at Lenoir is a community-based,
specialty practice offering neurology services. We are committed to
providing quality and cost-effective medical care to patients with
neurologic conditions. Our expert neurologists have developed a
comprehensive stroke program that includes prevention, treatment
and follow-up care for stroke patients in our community.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse
employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Medical Assistant I, Certified provides routine clinical and
administrative support to providers and other health care team
members in an outpatient clinic setting. The Medical Assistant I,
Certified works under the clinical supervision of the provider for
patient care activities, and under the general direction of the
designated manager/supervisor for non-clinical
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data,
including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient
s reason for visit.
2. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social
3. Reviews patient s current medication list, allergies and
4. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments,
examinations and procedures.
5. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
6. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
7. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction
of a provider.
8. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires
any routine health screenings.
9. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies,
equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready
for use during visit/procedure.
10. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or
procedural instructions and/or educational materials as
11. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment
12. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
13. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out,
appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and
14. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the
direction of a provider or nurse.
15. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or
Other Information Other information:
Requires high school diploma or GED.
Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools
(ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American
Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical
Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA),
National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National
Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
Current Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart
Professional Experience Requirements:
Prior medical assistant or medical assistant externship experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and
families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
Ability to use a computer to document required information into the
electronic medical record.
Job Details Legal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: UNC Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC Neurology at Lenoir Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:KinstonExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Greenville , Medical Assistant I Certified- UNC Neurology at Lenoir, Healthcare , Kinston, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!