Certified Medical Assistant - Diabetic Retinopathy
Company: Physicians East, P.A.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Certified Medical Assistant works
interdependently with other medical professionals to provide
quality health care to a high volume of patients. This position's
primary focus is to conduct retinal screening solutions for early
detection of eye diseases such as diabetic retinopathy. Medical
Assistant provides direct patient care for and treats patients in
the office, as directed by Physician, Advanced Practice Provider,
Registered Nurse or supervising clinical
- Graduate of an accredited associate degree Medical Assistant
program and current certification through AAMA, NHA or similar
organization is required.
- Prior healthcare giver experience required.
Experience/knowledge/understanding of diabetes is a definite
- Knowledge of eye care, ophthalmic imaging a plus.
- Experience with Intelligent Retinal Imaging Systems (IRIS) or
- Experience in electronic medical records (EMR/HER) software
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations
for patients and families.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to
communicate and interact professionally with others.
- Ability to actively listen.
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events
accurately and cogently, in grammatically correct English.
- Ability to spell, proofread and edit written text. GENERAL
- Explain the test procedure(s) to patients and hand out
educational information as provided by the practice.
- Transport medical imaging equipment/accessories and prepare for
exam procedure as per company protocol.
- Conduct retinal exams by taking images for the patient's left
and right eyes and validate image quality as per company's clinical
- Transmit retinal images to company's screening platform.
- If required, and whenever possible, collect an A1c and blood
glucose samples (finger prick), micro albumin (urine sample) and
leave behind colorectal screening kit for patient to self-complete
at their leisure.
- Monitors patient status recognizing and reporting abnormal
findings or changes in condition.
- Confirms and clarifies written orders prior to implementation
of delegated tasks.
- Under clinical supervision, performs delegated procedures
common to the specialty area in a safe, effective manner according
to Policy and Procedures.
- Assists practitioner in identified patient
procedures/treatments/examinations and provides appropriate patient
instruction in health information materials and community resource
lists as directed by the provider.
- Assists patients to exam room and prepares patients for
examination. Identifies patients with special needs.
- Orders, stocks, and maintains exam rooms and clinic areas.
- Performs related and delegated tasks, which includes requests
for prescription refills, taking and relaying messages, directing
- Assist patient to complete health history.
- Perform accurate measurement of vital signs, including blood
pressure, temperature, pulse, and body weight and height.
- Record all allergies, medications, and pertinent lab work on
flow sheets.Other duties:
- Maintains patient confidentially.
- Perform errands as delegated by station supervisor.
- Restock and cleans exam rooms maintaining a clean and orderly
- Keep clinical supervisor informed of high-risk situations.
- Demonstrate appropriate use in cleaning of equipment.
- Practice infection control, following OSHA guidelines and
- Maintain Medical Assistant certification and or
recertification. If not certified at the time of employment, will
have 90 days to complete certification or employment will be
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Attend fire safety classes, clinical meetings, compliance, and
other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians
- Adheres to department and office policies.
Keywords: Physicians East, P.A., Greenville , Certified Medical Assistant - Diabetic Retinopathy, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!