Certified Medical Assistant - Clinical Intake Spec
Company: Physicians East, P.A.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Certified Medical Assistant, Clinical
Coordinator IDepartment: Gastroenterology, ArlingtonFLSA Status:
Non-exemptAbout usPhysicians East, P.A.is a team of skilled
healthcare professionals united to meet the challenge of delivering
quality, cost-efficient, comprehensive healthcare to the people of
Eastern North Carolina.Location & commitmentsFull Time/Part
Time/Temporary/Supplemental roles based at our Greenville location,
Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Early and late hours required.
Overtime may be required to ensure patients are taken care of,
tasks are completed, and calls are returned in a timely manner.
Weekend work is rare but can occasionally be necessary.Supervision
Received: Reports to Clinical Supervisor; Manager; Director of
Operations.Supervision Exercised: None.Typical Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves
standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing
up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
Requires exposure to bodily fluids.Typical Working
Conditions:Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic
substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to
a clinic environment.About the roleThe Certified Medical Assistant
works interdependently with other medical professionals to provide
quality health care to a high volume of patients. Medical
Assistants provide direct patient care for and treat patients in
the office, as directed by Physician, Advanced Practice Provider,
Registered Nurse, or Supervising Manager.Responsibilities: (This
list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Provider's assistant in the daily clinic assisting providers
during office visits, physical exams, and in-office procedures as
needed.Services include but are limited to:
- Prepping exam rooms for clinical procedures and assisting
practitioners with patient care.
- Perform accurate measurement of vital signs, including
orthostatic blood pressure, temperature, pulse, body weight,
height, and complete appropriate health history questions.
- Record medications, allergies, pertinent lab work, pharmacy,
and PCP in the EMR
- Patient Education
- Injection Administration
- Immunization Management
- Prior Authorizations
- Population Health and care gap closure
- Follow standing orders as directed by department policies.
- Preparing and administering medicines via PO, intramuscular,
intradermal, intravenous, or subcutaneous route as per provider
- Orders, stocks, and maintains exam rooms and clinic areas.
- Notify patients of lab results.
- Assist patients by answering phone calls and refilling
medications at the direction of the physician.
- Make referrals to other departments and clinics to coordinate
- Disinfect exam rooms in-between patients.
- Under clinical supervision, performs delegated procedures
common to the specialty area in a safe, effective manner according
to Policy and Procedures.
- Starts, maintains and disconnects IV as per physician or
mid-level provider order.
- Able to act as floater including communicating panic lab values
to care team, assist with same day requests and desktop
- Maintains patient confidentially.
- Keep management informed of high-risk situations.
- Demonstrate appropriate use in cleaning of equipment.
- Maintains licensure in accordance with North Carolina Board of
- Practice infection control, following OSHA guidelines and
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Attend fire safety classes, clinical meetings, compliance, and
other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians
- Adheres to department and office policies.Candidate
- Graduate of an accredited associate degree Medical Assistant
program and current certification through AAMA, NHA, RMA or similar
organization is required. Prior healthcare giver experience
- Experience in electronic medical records (EMR/HER) software
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations
for patients and families.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to
communicate and interact professionally with others.
- Ability to actively listen.
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events
accurately and cogently, in grammatically correct English.
- Ability to spell, proofread and edit written text.Affirmative
Action/EEO statementPhysicians East, P.A.is an equal opportunity
employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or
employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, religion,
creed, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and
gender identity, which includes status as a transgender
individual), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, past,
current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic
information (including family medical history), physical or mental
disability, or other legally protected status. Reasonable
accommodation will be made for persons with disabilities during the
application process and/or at the time of employment. Requests for
accommodation should be made to the Human Resources Department as
early as possible in the application/employment process. Contact HR
Office at 252-413-6368 or email
firstname.lastname@example.orgDisclaimerPlease note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice
Keywords: Physicians East, P.A., Greenville , Certified Medical Assistant - Clinical Intake Spec, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!