Population Health Care Coordinator
Company: Physicians East, P.A.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDepartment: Corporate Clinical ServicesFLSA
Status: Non-exemptAbout usPhysicians East, P.A.is a team of skilled
healthcare professionals united to meet the challenge of delivering
quality, cost-efficient, comprehensive healthcare to the people of
Eastern North Carolina.Location & commitmentsFull Time and Part
Time roles based at our Greenville location, Monday-Friday,
7:30a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Early and late hours required. Overtime may be
required to ensure patients are taken care, tasks are completed,
and calls are returned in a timely manner. Weekend work is rare but
can occasionally be necessary.Supervision Received: Reports to
Population Health Supervisor; Operations or Clinical Manager; Chief
Operations Officer.Supervision Exercised: None.Typical Physical
Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items
weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and
hearing. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.Typical Working
Conditions:Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic
substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to
a clinic environment.About the rolePhysicians East participates in
a clinically integrated network and population health services
organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare
delivery by offering patient-centered solutions to populations
covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means
you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business
leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and
accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients,
payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top
talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care
and help make healthcare more affordable.Summary: The Population
Health Care Coordinator position is a non-clinician role that works
in collaboration with the Care Management staff and/or quality
improvement staff to support the multi-disciplinary team approach
of patient care by meeting key performance indicators (closing care
gaps, reducing hospitalizations, readmissions, ED utilization, and
PMPM costs) and other organizational mandates as designated.
Responsible for patient outreach and care coordination in the
ambulatory practice setting. Identifies barriers to care plan
compliance and provides appropriate education and resources. Works
collaboratively with the care team to achieve high-quality,
low-cost outcomes for patient populations. Consistently achieves
established productivity targets.Responsibilities: (This list may
not include all the duties assigned.)
- Provides care management services in the ambulatory practice
- Works collaboratively with other care team members to support
the patient's care plan.
- Utilizes motivational interviewing to identify barriers and
facilitate care plan compliance. Serves as a patient advocate,
supporting shared decision-making and the use of decision
- Educates patients and families on a variety of topics including
how to access medical home services and navigate the health care
- Identifies, coordinates, and helps to align patient care and
community resources to facilitate patient care transitions and
prevent hospital readmissions and Emergency Department visits.
- Consistently achieves established productivity targets.
- Appropriately documents consults and interventions in the
patient's electronic medical record and updates the population
- Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal
setting, quality improvement and patient satisfaction
- Maintains compliance with organizational policies and
procedures and evidenced based guidelines.Other duties:
- Maintains patient confidentially.
- Keep management informed of high-risk situations.
- Practice infection control, following OSHA guidelines and
- Attend fire safety classes, clinical meetings, compliance, and
other continuing education classes as offered by Physicians
- Adheres to department and office policies.Candidate
- 2-4 years minimum experience in a health care setting
- 2- or 4-year degree in health-related field preferred
- Experience in electronic medical records (EMR/HER) software
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations
for patients and families.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to
communicate and interact professionally with others.
- Ability to actively listen.
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events
accurately and cogently, in grammatically correct English.
- Ability to spell, proofread and edit written text.Affirmative
Action/EEO statementPhysicians East, P.A.is an equal opportunity
employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or
employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, religion,
creed, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and
gender identity, which includes status as a transgender
individual), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, past,
current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic
information (including family medical history), physical or mental
disability, or other legally protected status. Reasonable
accommodation will be made for persons with disabilities during the
application process and/or at the time of employment. Requests for
accommodation should be made to the Human Resources Department as
early as possible in the application/employment process. Contact HR
Office at 252-413-6368 or email
firstname.lastname@example.orgDisclaimerPlease note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Physicians East, P.A., Greenville , Population Health Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!