Company: Staff Today Inc
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Staff Today Inc. (STI) is currently seeking a Dentist to work at
a correctional facility in Windsor, North Carolina. These are
registry positions with our company Staff Today Inc.
- 20 hours working Mondays and Tuesdays only, 700am-530pm
Services to be Provided: Dentists furnished under this contract
shall provide services under the clinical supervision of the
Correctional Dental Director/Designee. Services may include but are
not limited to:
- Examination, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment, and oral
hygiene instruction to DPS inmates.
- Referral of Offenders to appropriate dental consultants when
- Supervision of all dental auxiliaries in the performance of
their assigned duties to ensure that their practice is in
compliance with Departmental policies and applicable State
- Proper organization and maintenance as well as thorough and
legible documentation of dental records in accordance with
Unit/Institution and Department of Public Safety policies.
- Emergency dental treatment for all assigned inmates at the Unit
Dentist' s office or other location as appropriate
- Dental examination including but not limited to taking or
reviewing the patient' s dental history, charting of teeth, and
examination of the hard and soft tissue of the oral cavity with a
mouth mirror, explorer, and adequate illumination. X-ray studies
for diagnostic purposes should be taken if necessary. The results
of the examination should be recorded on a uniform dental record
system. A professional dental prophylaxis should be performed when
prescribed by the dentist.Guidelines: Dentists providing service
under this contract shall:
- Practice universal precautions, with appropriate barriers for
dentist and staff.
- Ensure proper infection control guidelines for disinfecting and
sterilizing of dental instruments and hand pieces.
- Ensure safe disposal of dental office wastes.
- Document according to the guidelines as set forth in the
Department' s Health Care Procedures Manual, all care given to the
- Ensure that all services provided will be consistent with
community standards of practice and performed in accordance with
customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable state and
professional licensure boards and agencies.
- Provide treatment and services that are medically/dentally
necessary, consistent with symptoms and diagnosis, appropriate with
regard to standards of medical practice, not solely for convenience
or inmate request, most appropriate level of service that can
safely be provided, and intended to result in restoration or
improvement in function, and not to be considered as
investigational [G.S. 135-40.7 (5)].Qualifications:
- Licensure in the Client
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a
copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please
feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At (800) 928-5561 and ask to
speak with Jessica Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05: 00 PM PST).
Keywords: Staff Today Inc, Greenville , Dentist, Healthcare , Windsor, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!