Academic Family Medicine Opportunity in Greenville, NC
Company: Vidant Medical Group
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Greenville, North Carolina. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Job Title: Academic Family Medicine Opportunity in Greenville, NCThe Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University (ECU) is seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine physician at the rank/title of Clinical Assistant Professor or higher. The selected candidate will also serve as an Assistant Residency Director. ECU Department of Family MedicineECU's Brody School of Medicine Ranks No. 2 in US for Sending Grads into Family MedicineThe Department of Family Medicine at ECU, Brody School of Medicine, is a nationally recognized leader in Family Medicine education. The Family Medicine Department, located in a 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility, provides a wide variety of comprehensive primary care services for all age groups to include: procedural skills, obstetrical care, nutrition services, counseling and psychological support in an integrated care model.Opportunity Highlights include:
- Join a Family Medicine Department of 31 physicians; 4 Sports Medicine, 4 Geriatrics, 8 provide OB services.
- Responsible for supervising and teaching residents, medical students, and other learners.
- Strong emphasis on teaching and patient care in both the ambulatory and inpatient setting, with opportunities to develop administrative and scholarship skills.
- Clinical practice experience with OB skills preferred.
- Fixed-term or tenure track faculty position.
- Comprehensive BenefitsThe ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Medical CenterGreenville, NC:Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of over 28,000 students
- ECU offers Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized Theatre, Arts and Music Programs
- Affords a cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Since 2015, over 500 million dollars have been invested in downtown Greenville's revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- Greenville's expansive Recreation and Parks Department maintains 25 facilities to include: greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an Amphitheatre North Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks, professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches, high ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to live, practice medicine and vacation. Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Vidant Medical Group, Greenville , Academic Family Medicine Opportunity in Greenville, NC, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!