Company: Merritt Hawkins
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Greenville, North Carolina. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Job Description & Requirements
Geriatric Medicine in North Carolina
Merritt Hawkins has partnered with East Carolina University Department of Family Medicine - Brody School of Medicine to conduct a nationwide search for a new Director of Geriatric Medicine. We seek an innovative leader for this historic and dynamic Geriatrics Division.--
This position is available to board certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physicians with an additional certificate of added qualifications in Geriatrics. Tenure-track or fixed-term appointment is available to Associate and Professor Level. Assistant Professor considered based upon experience.--
The Geriatric Director is responsible for the leadership of the geriatric division as well as management of faculty, staff, and fellows. Leadership opportunities exist for management and growth of the geriatric fellowship, teaching nursing home projects, residency/fellowship curriculum development, management, and growth of the state-of-the-art Monk Geriatric Center, grant projects, and collaborative research opportunities.--
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties in Eastern North Carolina.--
Greenville, North Carolina, population of 90,220+, is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.--
Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state. Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students. ECU's nationally recognized arts, theater, and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family.
- Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools.
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams.
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores--
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater.----
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.--East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University that accommodates individuals with disabilities. Individuals requesting an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) should contact the Department for Disability Support Services at (Voice/TTY).
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.-- We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Merritt Hawkins, Greenville , Geriatric Medicine, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!