Academic Radiation Oncology Job in Greenville, NC
Company: Vidant Medical Group
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Oncology-Radiation opening in Greenville, North Carolina. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com **Not Accepting Candidates From Search Firms For This Opportunity**
The Department of Radiation Oncology at East Carolina University's Brody School of Medicine located in Greenville, NC is seeking a BE/BC Radiation Oncologist. The duties and responsibilities of this position will consist of performing and providing clinical care to patients with cancer diseases and other conditions treated with radiotherapy. Candidates with interest in clinical research and trials and scholarly work related to SABR modalities is encouraged. New grads are encouraged to apply. Job Highlights include:
- Employment by East Carolina University's Brody School of Medicine
- Experience and expertise with conventional and state of the art Radiation Oncology techniques, procedures and treatment protocols, to include Intensity-Modulated Radiation Oncology (IMRT); Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT); SBRT, SRS, Brachytherapy, radiopharmaceuticals; Gamma Knife and/or CyberKnife is desired
- Comprehensive cancer center team including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, benign and malignant hematologists, surgical oncologists, gynecology oncologist, neuro oncologist, established hematology oncology fellowship program, and patient navigators
- Premier radiotherapy destination for patients in Eastern NC with both a M6 CyberKnife radiation therapy suite and Gamma Knife Perfexion unit with dedicated MRI on the same health campus
- Additional state-of-the-art radiology equipment includes the Varian Edge radiosurgery suite, HDR Brachytherapy suite and GE CT simulator.
- Established clinical trials program
- System-wide integrate EMR – EPIC
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma, 974 bed center
- Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
- Only ACoS accredited Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center (ACAD) in Eastern North Carolina
- Actively involved in multidisciplinary disease teams to provide clinical care, research, and teaching of medical students and fellows
- Department co-sponsors an accredited Medical Physics graduate program and residency with the ECU Department of Physics
- Affiliation with four community practices in North Carolina on an integrated ARIA/Eclipse network, facilitating coordination of care and quality standardization.
The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close faculty-student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students' ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Programs are consistent with the medical school's dual mission of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities to minority and disadvantaged students.Vidant Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville
Vidant Cancer Care is Vidant Health's system-wide approach to eliminating cancer throughout eastern North Carolina, one patient at a time. Vidant Cancer Care at the Eddie and Jo Allison Smith Tower in Greenville, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, serves as the hub of Vidant Cancer Care across the system. The 418,000-square-foot facility features 96 inpatient rooms, 60 infusion areas with a view of outdoor healing gardens and 58 different clinics centered on patient care. An image renewal center provides access to wigs, prosthetics, compression sleeves and garments. A resource center offers additional services to patients and families, including psychotherapy, support groups and complementary therapies.Greenville
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville's revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an amphitheater Benefits:
CME Days & Reimbursement
Malpractice (with tail)
For more information please contact Ashley Rudolph at or email your CV to Keyphrases: oncology jobs, oncologist jobs, radiation oncologist jobs, radiation oncology jobs
Keywords: Vidant Medical Group, Greenville , Academic Radiation Oncology Job in Greenville, NC, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!