Academic General Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Job in Greenville, NC
Company: Vidant Medical Group
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Physiatry/Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation opening in Greenville, North Carolina. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com ***Accepting Candidates From Search Firms For This Opportunity***
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University (ECU) seeks a board certified or board eligible PM&R physician to provide medical care in the inpatient and outpatient setting.Opportunities exist for performance of musculoskeletal care, musculoskeletal ultrasound, botox, EMG, SSEP, VEP, phenol blocks, and wound/hyperbaric medicine. The candidate will participate in the training of residents, medical students, and other allied health students. Research is supported and is a valued component of the position. Fixed Term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.3 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.The Center's 57-bed inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas. The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence at Vidant.
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from an appropriately accredited institution
- Board certified or board eligible in PM&R Benefits:
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life InsuranceThe Brody School of Medicine
The Brody School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close faculty-student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students' ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Programs are consistent with the medical school's dual mission of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities to minority and disadvantaged students.Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.Greenville, NC
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville's revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an amphitheatre
Keyphrases: physical medicine & rehab jobs, physical medicine jobs, rehabilitation jobs
Keywords: Vidant Medical Group, Greenville , Academic General Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Job in Greenville, NC, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!