Registered Nurse RN LTC LTAC Care Management
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Case Management opening in Greenville, North Carolina. This and
other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare
Services is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a
Long Term Support Services Care Manager for a direct placement
opportunity with our client.
- A Fortune 200 Company
- Voted World's Most Admired Company
- Focuses exclusively on government-sponsored healthcare
- Full benefits available including 401k with company match and
- Paid time off starting with 18 days. JOB SUMMARYThis licensed
professional will be responsible for the oversight and coordination
of long term support services / long term care for special (higher
acuity) populations residing in the community and/or skilled
nursing facilities. Examples include but are not limited to:
individuals with 2 or more, higher risk medical or behavioral
health conditions (e.g., COPD and Schizophrenia). This position
assumes a leadership role with internal and external partners to
achieve optimal health care outcomes for the member through
effective coordination of care activities. Education Level
Education Details Required/PreferredAssociates' degree in Nursing
or Bachelor's degree in social work, sociology, psychology,
gerontology, or a related social services field;Work Experience*
Possess a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience and be a
Registered Nurse (RN)Or Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW),
Licensed Medical Social Therapist (LMST), Licensed Mental Health
Counselor (LMHC) and licensed to practice in the State*Possess a
minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience and be a licensed
professional able to practice in the State. Key Duties and
- Provides care coordination and care management and oversees
higher acuity long-term support services / long-term care members.
(i.e. individuals with complex medical or behavioral health issues
that place populations at greater risk for potentially prevent able
events such as avoidable admissions, readmissions, and emergency
- Manages an active caseload based on state mandated ratios
according to residential setting, case intensity and acuity.
- Partners effectively with the PCP, Specialist, member, member's
family and interdisciplinary care teams (ICT) to develop a Person
Centered Care Plan.
- Utilizes clinical knowledge and expertise to craft strategies
aimed at member education to support self-management and achieve
optimal health outcomes.
- In partnership with the member, family, physician(s), ICT and
other providers, assesses short and long-term member needs,
evaluates the need for supportive e services and establishes member
driven care management objectives.
- Responsible for coordination of service authorizations (i.e.
meals, transportation, activities of daily living).
- Performs clinical interventions such as education on prescribed
medication treatment regimens and counseling.
- Ensures comprehensive assessments and person-centered care
plans are completed within required time frames and utilizes
clinical knowledge and expertise to assess options for care
including use of benefits and community resources.
- Acts as liaison and member advocate between the member/family,
physician and facilities/agencies.
- Maintains accurate reports and manages the integrity of care
management activities in the electronic care management system,
using clinical guidelines.
- Educates on and coordinates community resources, to include
medical, behavioral and social services. Applies care management
standards and maintains HIPAA standards and confidentiality of
protected health information.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations and
guidelines in day-to-day activities.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Performs special projects as assigned. For further information
and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Jacob Underwood
at or email your resume to Keyphrases: medical case management
jobs, case manager jobs, case manager consultant jobs, case
management consultant jobs, geriatric case management jobs, case
management nursing jobs, nurse case manager jobs
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, Greenville , Registered Nurse RN LTC LTAC Care Management, Healthcare , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!