Company: Tractor Supply
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible providing professional grooming services for dogs using the knowledge of canine characteristics and grooming styles and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
* 1. Deliver world class customer satisfaction
2. Answer phone and schedule appointments
3. Book appointments and greet pets as they come in
4. Report all accidents and injuries to the Store Manager promptly
5. Follow bathing/grooming procedures as outlined
6. Clean ears, clip nails and perform other needed services
7. Adhere to customer instruction of clipping pattern desired
8. Clip dog's hair according to determined pattern, using electric clippers, combs, and shears
9. Comb and shape dogs' coat
10. Talk to live animal, or use other non-physical techniques to keep animal calm
11. Complete and maintain customer and company forms
12. Properly and completely fill out required grooming forms
13. Observe all safety rules and procedures and adhere to safety standards
14. Sweep, vacuum, clean and sanitize cages, tubs and other cleaning as needed to maintain standards
15. Assist in store operations as needed
1+ years of experience required
High School Diploma is required
Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
High Demand IT Specialized Skills
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
* Operate and use all grooming tools and equipment including bathing tubs, brushes, steel combs, barber shears, scissors, clippers, driers, and bathing products such as perfumed shampoo and soaps
* Ability to read, write, and count accurately.
* Communicate effectively with customers
* Display compassion with animals and treat them accordingly
* Exhibit attention to detail
* Read, write, and count to accurately complete all documentation
* Lift and carry pets generally weighing 0-50 pounds
* Work varied hours, days, nights, and weekends as business needs dictate
* Stand and walk for long periods of time
* Safely work around pets and pets' waste
* Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise.
* Exposure to wet conditions, particularly when bathing dogs.
* Exposure to cats and dogs of all sizes, breeds, and temperaments.
* Exposure to sharp grooming instruments, perfumed shampoos and soaps, pets, and pet waste.
* Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours
* Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines
* Ability to move and transfer live animals, equipment, and merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to stand and maintain a stationary position for up to 8 hours while grooming animals.
* Ability to frequently move for 4-8 hours per day around the salon to groom animals, clean, and maintain the salon.
* Ability to utilize grooming instruments including shears and dryers.
* Ability to frequently lift or reach merchandise overhead.
* Ability to bend, kneel, and squat frequently to position oneself to groom animals, clean shelves, and stock merchandise and equipment.
* Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
* Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
* Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
* Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. The Associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Overall Job Summary
Keywords: Tractor Supply, Greenville , Groomer, Petsense, Hospitality & Tourism , Kinston, North Carolina
here to apply!