Plant Human Resources Manager
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Locations: US-NC-Kinston Your Opportunity:The Human
Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their
everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These
personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations,
performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation.
You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield's goal to become
the #1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
This position manages, directs and coordinates the Human Resource
policies and programs covering several of the following: labor
relations, wage and salary administration, orientation and
training, safety and health, benefits and employee services. This
position also manages the recruitment, development and retention of
employees; has knowledge of EEO laws and general human resources
- Implements and manages on-going policies, programs, and
procedures to foster understanding of and improvement in
management, supervisory or employee relations.
- Manages situations involving policy or contract interpretation.
Leads and mentors others to ensure consistent application of all
such rules and policies. Develops and implements innovative
solutions to personnel and/or labor relations issues affecting the
plant to mitigate any legal or compliance-related risks. Maintains
a positive labor/employee relations environment at the plant by
counseling managers and employees on human resource policies and
rules, identifying and resolving problems or recommending courses
- Counsels managers and/or supervisors concerning human resource
policies and procedures; reviews and resolves issues.
- Supervises Human Resource staff directly or through
supervisors; plans, assigns and reviews assignments; counsels
staff; evaluates job performance and approves or recommends
- Ensures administrative, management and hourly production
employee retention at the facility is maintained at an acceptable
level. Uses knowledge, experience, and continuous interpretation of
facility dynamics to help understand and determine the training and
educational needs of the hourly employees and administrative,
- Manages all new employee recruitment, orientation, and
training, either through primary function or through performance of
- Manages the development and ongoing execution of the location's
Affirmation Action plan to achieve AAP goals during entire
employment process for all employees at the facility (recruitment,
promotions, transition processes)
- Performs analysis and prepares statistical reports, narrative
reports and communications for use in formulating goals and
- Manages employee benefit enrollments, questions, or
inquiries.The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university and 5+ years' exempt level relevant
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems; Internet software;
Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
Payroll Database software.
- Possesses specialized knowledge of HR systems, processes and
procedures, including administration of benefits, compensation and
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment,
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or
employees of organization.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong reasoning and math skills.
- Bi-lingual skills: speak, read, write, address groups,
individuals, conduct investigations, counseling, training,
mentoring, using language other than English (as applicable to the
business unit), preferred.
- Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in clerical
functions of HR.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.Work
Environment & Physical Demands:The work environment characteristics
and physical demands described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside
of the production plant or distribution center. The environment
will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme
cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical
parts or equipment, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production or loading areas.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and
arms.Careers and Benefits:To learn more about Smithfield's
benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to
create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive
benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we
operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods:Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936,
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with
agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs
globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly -"
and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated
protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for
more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments
to become carbon negative in our U.S. company-owned operations and
reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain
by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity
and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our
communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic
brands, such as Smithfield -, Eckrich - and Nathan's Famous -,
among many others. For more information, visit
www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn and Instagram.EEO/AA Information:Smithfield is an equal
opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status,
status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status
or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Greenville , Plant Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Kinston, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!