Field Service Technician - Emerging Technology
Company: Hyster-Yale Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title Field Service Technician - Emerging Technology Job
Family Job Description Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale
Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift
trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and
talented Field Service Technician, field-based out of Greenville,
NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a
comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed
globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the
global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been
building relationships and partnering with our customers,
suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years. The Field
Service Technician, field-based will be responsible for the
- Perform onsite pre-installation analysis and onsite
installation of HYG Telematics products to meet the demands of
dealers and end users.
- Assist in ensuring that our telematics systems meet the
performance, reliability, durability, and operational
characteristics required by the Customer.
- Perform system monitoring, failure reporting and
corrective-action duties which are crucial to improving product
designs as they are introduced into all markets,
- Enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring optimal performance
of the product during operation, as well as the service provider
during maintenance and repair, by providing the necessary support
to maximize efficiency and value for all parties involved. The
Field Service Technician, field-based will have the following
- Onsite Analysis: conduct initial assessment of units to examine
fault codes, explore for potential issues, and maximize time
onsite; conduct electrical & mechanical systems analysis to
reconcile electrical signals and identify mechanical barriers;
utilize dynamic, environmental, maintenance, structural, and
ergonomics analysis to ensure optimal installation in order to meet
customers' demands & reduce cost.
- Onsite Installation: perform physical installation of product;
configuration/module programming to program units; perform
installation trouble shooting as need arises The Successful Field
Service Technician, field-based Must Meet the Following
- HS or equivalent required; Associates preferred.
- 3 years + experience in applicable fields with exposure to
similar complex systems
- Previous experience in tangential industry preferred, i.e. car
stereo/alarm installation, telecom technician, forklift technician,
etc. Other Skills and Attributes:
- Mid-level understanding of mechanical and electrical (AC and
DC) troubleshooting skills with the ability to read P&IDs and
electrical schematics and relate them to physical systems.
- A firm grasp of basic electrical diagrams and mechanical
workings in order to tie in product to existing electrical wiring &
mechanical applications on fork trucks & other equipment.
- Proficient computer skills and technical analysis abilities
necessary to perform job function.
- Must be motivated, and willing and able to work safely in high
- Must be able to adapt readily to project changes and handle
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well both within team atmospheres and
independently with little supervision.
- Flexibility with working off-hours (within reason as needed) to
support a nationwide fleet a must Job ID 0049 Employment Type Full
time Work Hours 40 Travel Required 75%+ Primary Location HYG US
Greenville, NC (Headquarters) Address 1400 Sullivan Drive Zip Code
27834 Field-Based Yes Relocation Assistance Available No We are an
equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package
including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit
Keywords: Hyster-Yale Group, Greenville , Field Service Technician - Emerging Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!