Network Switch Engineer - Greenville, NC
Company: US Cellular
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Network Switch Engineer - Greenville, NC - ENG001165
Maintain the daily operations and maintenance of cellular switching centers. Provide troubleshooting and fault resolution of MSC switching equipment and supporting peripherals. Conduct hardware upgrades, software upgrades, translation changes, and new hardware installation. Perform demand, routine, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Maintain MSC switching equipment and related peripherals to ensure appropriate (proper) operation and compliance with company standards. Respond to system alarms and outages as required to maintain system availability (integrity).
- Troubleshoot and repair customers' call processing issues as reported through customer trouble tickets.
- Analyze data and generate reports gathered from the switch Operational Measurements to identify problems and assist in the resolution.
- Monitor and perform translation changes associated with least cost routing, LERG updates, new dialing plans, routing tables, cell site and carrier additions, hardware tables, and networking tables.
- Support the planning, testing, and acceptance of PSTN trunking and backhaul growth, switch equipment growth, and hardware & software upgrades. Oversee the installation and integration process, as well as onsite vendors.
- Provide support to the Network Operations Center (NOC), Technical Support, System Performance, SS7, Information Systems (IS), Network Field, and Data Services teams in evaluating system performance, resolving service issues and maintaining switch and data network performance/growth.
- Perform administrative responsibilities associated with spares inventory control, repair and return process, asset management, SOX compliance, change management, time entry reporting, and expense reporting. THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE, ESSENTIAL DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB. TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
- 5 or more years of experience in related field
- Associate Degree in Telecommunications/Computer Science or equivalent 4 years work/military experience is required; Bachelor of Science is preferred.
- Strong PC skills; working knowledge of various programming and scripting languages desired. Job : Engineering
Location(s) : North Carolina-GREENVILLE_NC
U.S. Cellular-- is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
Keywords: US Cellular, Greenville , Network Switch Engineer - Greenville, NC, IT / Software / Systems , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!