Steriles Reliability Engineer
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
The Reliability Engineer performs systematic analysis of
facilities and production machine performance leading to increased
availability, uptime, and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). As
a key member of the Technical Services engineering staff, the
Reliability Engineer works closely with Production, Maintenance,
and Project Engineering departments staff to operate and maintain a
pharmaceutical research and manufacturing complex of over 1.5
million square feet. The Engineer applies sound engineering
principles to optimize reliability and maintainability of existing
systems and new installations for a broad base of customers in
pharmaceutical research, development, and high-volume
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously improve the site maintenance program by applying
principles and methods of Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Prepare maintenance strategies and task plans to create
effective site PM program.
- Administer predictive maintenance program to include vibration
analysis, oil analysis, infrared inspection, and ultrasound leak
- Extract machine performance data from Computerized Maintenance
Management System (SAP) and other sources to analyze for Mean Time
Between Failures (MTBF), Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), Top 5/Top 20
"Bad Actors", etc..
- Troubleshoot issues and perform Root Cause Analysis using 5 Why
Technique, Cause Mapping, Fault Tree Diagrams, TAP Root and other
- Lead investigation and problem solving teams. Track progress
through resolution and completion of action plans.
- Perform life cycle asset management, including new asset
integration, asset preservation, and retirement of assets.
- Establish and manage incident review and escalation
- Implement Poka-Yoke mistake proofing to prevent inadvertent
- Conduct Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) to harden
equipment and systems to increase uptime.
- Establish criticality rating system and apply across site
equipment. Adjust maintenance program according to criticality of
- Optimize PM program to the site needs, using equipment history,
criticality, and industry best practices.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Training of staff in maintenance and repair best
- Input to the site capital projects renewal program.
- Assemble facilities and equipment master data for input to
Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP).
REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a Reliability
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment, preferable cGMP
- Knowledge in USP pharmaceutical clean utilities, aseptic
(sterile) environments and sterile process equipment
- Experienced user in Computerized Maintenance Management System
(CMMS), SAP preferred
- Ability to apply statistical analysis of data, using EXCEL and
- Skilled in maintenance management best practices
- Trained in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Knowledgeable of Six Sigma quality and LEAN manufacturing
Education and Certification
- Four year degree in engineering preferred: Bachelor Science in
an engineering discipline. Preferably in reliability, facilities,
mechanical, electrical, industrial, or engineering management.
- In lieu of degree, 9 years of relevant experience as described
- MBA, Engineering Management degree desirable.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)
through Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals
- Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) through American Society
- Reliability Engineering Certificate, others
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Greenville , Steriles Reliability Engineer, Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!