Youth Development Professional/Washington Unit
Company: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Coastal Plain
Posted on: June 8, 2021
JOB SUMMARY:Plans, organizes, promotes, & implements a
diversified program BGCCPs core program areas. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare youth for success
- Creates an environment that facilitates the achievement of
Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promotes and stimulates daily learning center program
participation as well as participation in designated national and
special event programs.
- Orients new members to program area, special events, and
opportunities as well as club safety, program and disciplinary
- Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
- Implements, monitors and evaluates programs, services and
activities for members.
- Develops and posts weekly and monthly program plans.
- Monitors and evaluates programs, services and activities to
ensure safety of members and quality in programs.
- Recognizes club members for program participation and
- Maintains records to track attendance and participation.
- Maintain CACFP point of service and clean up (if
- Maintains order and discipline of club members.
- Supervises and trains volunteers and program assistants.
- Ensures a productive work environment by participating in club
- Monitors supply needs.
- Keeps supply room neat and orderly.
- Insures program area is attractive, neat and clean and bulletin
boards and notices are current.
- Makes and/or recommends needed repairs to facility and/or
- Participates as part of a team to run quality programs by
helping out where needed or directed, which may include driving the
- Participates in training/educational opportunities to expand
knowledge and skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:Ability to
see, hear, speak, walk, stand and sit required to effectively
perform essential job responsibilities.DISCLAIMER: The information
presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain,
nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of
employees assigned to this job.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Skilled in art, music, STEM, technology (preferred)
- Combined experience and/or formal training equivalent to a
minimum of three years where:
- There is experience working with youth and knowledge of youth
- Formal training, and/or experience teaching youth while
creating engaging learning experiences.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality learning programs for
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe
- Utilizes resources for free and donated supplies and encourages
donations from community contacts.
Keywords: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Coastal Plain, Greenville , Youth Development Professional/Washington Unit, Other , Washington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!