Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching,
seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and
then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate,
tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your
drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we'd like to meet you and bet you'd like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic
to join our Avoca LLC business at our Merry Hill, NC location. This
is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the
Maintenance function. This position will report to Maintenance
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Safe and Environmentally Responsible for Maintaining Plant
Operations and Equipment.
- Identify, diagnose and troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Perform daily walk arounds and equipment inspections.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance as required.
- Complete work orders as issued.
- Document all work in the maintenance management software
- Effective communication, both oral and written, with team
members and others to describe unit conditions and observed
- Compliance with operating procedures, quality management, and
safety and environmental procedures as necessary to maintain
- Ability to respond to emergency situations within the limits of
training and qualifications.
- Perform general housekeeping to maintain a safe and clean work
In order to be qualified for this role an individual must
possess the following:
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- The ability to work rotating weekends and support call-ins as
- The ability to work holidays and overtime as required by the
- The ability to perform the essential physical functions of the
position including climbing stairs, ladders, and lifting 55
- The ability to enter confined spaces while wearing a respirator
and performing maintenance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The following skill sets are preferred:
- 3+ years of experience in industrial maintenance including
welding and pipefitting.
- History of strong attendance and performance.
- Ability to coach and be coached.
- Ability to be safe, innovative, flexible, self-starting, honest
- Display a high mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with computers.
- Ability to work as a member of an integrated team.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE:
ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to
help customers create new and improved products for today and
sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every
day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including
architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal
care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the
innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty
chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to
all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors
define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees,
and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We
hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping
them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and
benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work
environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come
to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals
company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement
throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are
and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a
relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing
agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless
we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific