At Weyerhaeuser, were always looking for people who can
innovate, contribute, grow, and create! Their skill and ingenuity
have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest and premium timber, land
and forest products companies in the world.
Weyerhaeuser's New Bern lumber manufacturing facility is looking
for skilled Electrical Maintenance Techs with a thorough and
comprehensive knowledge of electrical equipment, processes and
techniques to repair, modify, install and maintain the facility and
high-tech lumber manufacturing equipment. This role will be located
in Vanceboro, NC.
This is a bargaining unit position in the United Steel, Paper
and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and
Service Workers International Union, ITS Local No. 1325. The role
requires strong electrical technical skills along with basic
mechanical skills in this multi-craft environment. Competitive wage
and benefits package included.
To be successful in this role, you should be safety conscious,
self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, experienced
in working with other crafts, and have a desire to work in a
market-focused, team environment.
We offer a very competitive New Hire wage based on level of
The schedule for this role is Friday, Saturday, Sunday and
Monday, and includes a $1.00 an hour premium.
About Wood Products:
- Able to work safely and follow all company safety policies and
- PLC experience is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least three (3) years industrial
electrical/process control experience OR an electrical degree
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Experience with hydraulics & pneumatics, troubleshooting VFDs
and HMIs and reading schematics
- Able to work any shift, weekend, overtime, holiday as
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen,
background check, & physical
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy
conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Must have demonstrated leadership and team skills
- Ability to write legibly and communicate as necessary to
- Able and willing to fulfill essential job functions, including
lifting 2-20 pounds regularly, lifting up to 50 pounds
occasionally, climbing steps and ladders, working from height,
working in small and restricted areas, and standing or walking for
2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical systems
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Willingness and ability to learn new jobs & skills
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to
our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to
specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance
and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, weve been building our reputation as a
leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make
the world a better place. Were serious about safety, driven to
achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business
lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of
exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are
passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed
to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment
women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and