Skilled Assembler/Cabinet Builder
Company: UFP Industries
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Trim component pieces if necessary, create jigs and templates
as required for production.
- Blue print reading-ensure accuracy against all blueprints and
- Laminating & veneer skills- spraying of adhesives, applying of
laminates or veneers, seaming and edge treatments which can include
routing and filing.
- Able to spot and correct discrepancies or inaccuracies in
specifications that do not adhere to accepted practice or quality
- Ensures all component parts are available and organized for the
project and assemblers and other team members.
- Work on complex tasks in a given time period, adjusting for
- Responsible for assembling fabricated cabinets from pre-cut and
kitted wood stock.
- Specific duties include obtaining pre-kitted stock, and to
pre-measure components to ensure part cut accuracy.
- Use woodworking machines to create finished edges, boring or
routing holes for the insertion of screws and other fasteners
- Other tasks include performing finish sanding, installing
drawers, hardware, (hinges, pulls, glass, locks, catches, etc.) and
moving finish cabinet parts on a cart.
- Account for time and material using the company's computer
- Keep work area and aisles around you are kept clean and free
- Effectively communicate to internal customers.
- Assures the quality of product is acceptable.
- Scan materials when necessary
- Able to competently operate all power and pneumatic power tools
as well as hand tools, per established list from crew lead.
- Glues, fits, screws (and infrequently nails), and clamps
components during the assembly process
- Provides quality checks of personal assembly tasks as well as
quality checks of all component parts.
- Able to adhere and meet budgeted labor hours assigned to work
- Assures that parts of subassemblies and finished product are
- Returns all items and tools to their proper place.
- Packages finished product in accordance to specifications or
- Willingness to be cross-trained and adapt to varying assembly
- Able to competently operate a powered drill and use hand tools
such as tape measure, hammer, mallet, scraper, utility knife,
- Able to log time and attendance on production computer.
- Must arrive and depart from work as per specified schedule. May
be asked to work extended hours.
- Maintains professional attitude when approaching work
- Follows procedures in company handbook.
- Required to provide tools as required, per list provided,
within the first 90 days of employment.
- Other duties which may be assigned on an as-required basis
including: laminating or painting.
- 3+ years of experience of wood manufacturing in the store
fixture industry (furniture and/or custom cabinetry
- Able to comprehend instructions from a supervisor
- Ability to understand and comply with safety procedures and
quality standards and print reading capabilities.
- Experience with various wood species and the ability to work
with the types of machinery & equipment listed below.
Keywords: UFP Industries, Greenville , Skilled Assembler/Cabinet Builder, Other , Washington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!