Cashier (Part Time)
Company: Earth Fare, Inc
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Position Summary: The Cashier is responsible upholding and
embodying the Earth Fare Customer Service standards at all times to
ensure that every customer has the best shopping experience
possible. They provide exceptional customer service while receiving
payments by cash, check, travelers check, credit card, voucher or
automatic debit. They issue customer receipts, refunds, credits and
change due from transactions. They support a welcoming environment
by smiling and greeting each customer and managing the flow and
wait time at the customer checkout.
- Upholds and supports the Earth Fare vision, standard operating
procedures and customer service creed while maintaining a clean,
organized, safe and secure work environment.
- Operational Tasks: This role manages the customer check out at
the store by providing fast, efficient, accurate transactions and a
welcoming atmosphere. The Cashier receives payments, and issues
receipts, vouchers and credits to customers while verifying proper
security and loss prevention measures. The Cashier answers store
phone calls and pages appropriate departments/team members to
answer customer inquiries. They maintain an accurate cash drawer
while sorting, counting and wrapping currency for efficient
balancing each shift. The cashier processes customer
returns/exchanges and provides accurate product and policy
information to customers. They manage customer flow so the checkout
is timely and conducive to a positive shopping experience. The
Cashier is also responsible for helping maintain a clean and
sanitary restroom in the store. They also attend required
department and store meetings.
- Merchandising: Maintains an attractive Front End Department by
implementing Earth Fare merchandising/marketing guidelines as
outlined by the Front End Manager.
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and
overall organization of the department including all fixtures,
storage, work stations/cash registers.
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and
Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have strong communication skills and conduct oneself in a
professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task while assisting
customers and team mates.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal
instruction from the Front End Manager and other store
- Must have proficient math skills.
- Must have proficient cash handling skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights,
weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the
same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant
state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors,
coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired
through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent
combination of education and/or experience, which provide an
applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer
- Will stand and be on ones feet during scheduled work
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item
weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of
the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on ones feet during the work
Keywords: Earth Fare, Inc, Greenville , Cashier (Part Time), Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!