Lead Inside Sales Specialist
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Responsible for the direct support of
Outside Sales associates and their success. Support the full sales
process from open to close for select accounts. Serve as a leader
in the Inside Sales function providing industry expertise and
advanced product knowledge. Mentor branch associates and exemplify
strong customer service and sales excellence.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Maintains the sales process from open to close for select
Outside Sales accounts; keeps all outsides sales staff informed
about business activity that has transpired within accounts.
- Prospects for new sales opportunities; directs the generation
of leads via outbound calling and emailing.
- Serves as a mentor; trains and assists in the development of
Inside Sales associates.
- Assists branch associates in resolving complex problems
associated with customer service, product availability, price,
product warranty, and product delivery.
- Creates purchase orders using line disposition. Follows up on
all sales orders, back orders, and special orders to ensure full
shipment. Reviews the Back Order Report daily and expedites any
pending back orders.
- Researches and prepares sales orders and quotes for customers
and outside sales staff according to the specifications and
information provided. Provides customers and outside sales staff
with reliable information regarding product specifications, product
suitability, pricing, and availability.
- Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix, as
well as other complex tables, to determine the appropriate price.
Develops code directives for certain products while maintaining
target margin goals.
- Performs estimating, take-off, proposal, and project management
duties as necessary.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired
outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting
procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of
output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment
assessment(s) if applicable
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in related area of
- 5-7 years of experience selling in an inside sales
- Demonstrated experience working with customers and leading
- Experience with inventory sales.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Core & Main
St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn
Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
None of the questions in this application
are intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Keywords: Core & Main, Greenville , Lead Inside Sales Specialist, Other , Kinston, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!