Patient Accounts Specialist - JK
Company: Rural Health Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Rural Health Group Healthcare That Fits Your Family
Rural Health Group, Inc. provides quality primary care services
without regard for a patient's ability to pay and serves as a
community resource for eliminating health disparities. We are a
non-profit, federally qualified health center dedicated to serving
everyone in our community with exceptional medical, dental,
behavioral health, pharmacy, health education, nutrition, women's
health and case management services.
Patient Accounts Specialist
This full-time position will be based out of our Jackson, North
Carolina family medical office. General office hours are
Monday-Friday 7:45 - 5:00 but will vary based on the needs of the
In order to qualify for this position, you must genuinely like and
care about people, be kind and compassionate as well as supremely
professional, organized and courteous to both patients and staff.
You must have excellent skills as a communicator and as a
collaborator, and be willing to adapt to circumstances as they
change. This position serves as the first point of contact between
patients and the facility. The individual we seek would preferably
have thorough knowledge of the complexities involved in a family
The Patient Account Specialist enthusiastically greets and directs
patients using courtesy, presentation, communication and safety to
receive patients, families and visitors into the office. This
individual will assist with the registration of incoming patients
in a prompt manner to avoid delays in arrival time and to ensure a
swift check-in process. This position is in part responsible for
revenue; they are responsible for verifying insurance coverage and
making changes as necessary, collecting patient portions, and
scheduling appointments to meet the providers minimum productivity
They will assist in assuring that the lobby and front desk area is
always clean, neat, orderly, and welcoming. They will manage the
lobby to ensure that patients are being seen for their appointments
in a timely manner. They will answer phone calls in a courteous and
respectful way, addressing all needs of the caller and transferring
calls as appropriate. All duties and responsibilities will be
performed in a manner consistent with Rural Health Group's mission,
values, guiding principles, and standards.
We prefer to hire individuals who have excellent verbal and written
communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to
handle multiple tasks.
Service Delivery Expectations:
- Greets patients, visitors, etc. in a friendly, professional
- Promptly answers, screens, and processes telephone inquiries in
a friendly, professional manner.
- Provides information on Rural Health Group's programs,
policies, and procedures.
- Collects, enters and updates patient demographic information
into the EMR system. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and
- Completes the registration process of all incoming
- Refers patients to the nursing staff for triage and medical
- Responds to urgent/emergent calls and refer to nursing staff
- Schedule appointments per provider guidelines and handle
- Make reminder calls for next-day appointments informing
patients to bring any necessary items, including co-payments and
- Communicate with patients about requirements for next visit
such as paying outstanding balances.
- Explain clinic regulations such as hours, payment of accounts
and schedule of charges.
- Reduce barriers by improving linkages to services.
- Participates in internal and external educational opportunities
relevant to the front desk or customer service environment. Attends
or reviews 100% of team meetings annually.
- Responds to irate callers and individuals in person in a
- Supports organizational changes. Demonstrates flexibility in
providing coverage and/or availability for other offices for
unexpected absences, events, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Other duties and special projects that are assigned.
- Customer service oriented.
- Team player.
- Meets the expectations of our internal and external customers
in providing excellent service.
- Demonstrates positive customer relationship skills with all
in-person and telephone encounters.
- Seeks and supports changes in work flow processes and
communication services. Suggests improvements and participates in
organized efforts to improve service levels.
- Willingly performs other duties or tasks as assigned and
handles multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Promotes sense of pride in your work and positive interpersonal
relations among all team members.
- Exhibits commitment to effective problem solving techniques
when issues arise.
- Continuously acts to maintain a safe, clean, healthy, and
professional work environment consistent with Rural Health Group's
professional patient service, vision, values, and endeavors.
- Arrives at workstation on time, ready to work, and demonstrates
Successful candidate must demonstrate the Rural Health Group Core
Competencies, which include:
- Good Judgment
- Communication/Customer Service/Teamwork
- Job-Specific Skill Set
EOE. Federal and State Criminal Background Checks and Drug Screen
required for all positions.
- Experience/training in outpatient medical office setting is
- Associate/Bachelor's Degree in related field is strongly
- Must have basic understanding of medical terms and
- Experience with electronic health record a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a potentially
- Ability to apply common sense understanding when carrying out
detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective,
professional relationships with patients, providers, coworkers, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain patient respect and dignity while displaying
maturity, empathy, ethics, and professionalism
- Able to work independently; excellent teamwork skills
- Possess knowledge of modern office equipment, Microsoft Office
software programs, medical practice management systems (scheduling,
registration and charge entry), and basic computer skills
(including the ability to type)
- Must be able to quickly learn to use eClinicalWorks electronic
health record system
- Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for long periods of
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required;
applicants who may serve in a translating capacity will be required
to take a language assessment
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment new hires are
required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their
identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Keywords: Rural Health Group, Inc., Greenville , Patient Accounts Specialist - JK, Other , Jackson, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!