Merchandising Team Manager
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Merchandising Team Manager is responsible for managing all
customer facing store merchandising; including placement of new
receipts, visual presentation, floor sets, customer Omni experience
and more to drive store profitability. The Merchandising Team
Manager is an exempt position, reporting to the Store Manager.
- Partner with the visual team to ensure that sales associate
standards training takes place on a regular basis, and that
new-hires participate in this training once they come on the sales
- Proactively plan for new receipts and anticipate the need to
adjust product flow accordingly.
- Lead the Merchandising Team to present merchandise consistent
with visual and merchandising standards
- Ensure the timely floor setup, including signage, for
promotional events and seasonal business activity
- Ensure direction of playbook and seasonal merchandise
- Manage the maintenance of the floor and stock areas consistent
with store standards and use discretion to tailor standards to
- Lead team to drive the Customer Experience both in store and
- Partner with the Sales Team Manager (STM) and visual associates
to support the overall management of merchandise presentation of
- Recruit, interview, and select and retain quality associates
and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Maintain high store associate engagement. Provide efficient,
timely communication of policies and other information.
- Responsible for addressing all concerns or problems that
develop within your team.
- Ensure all associates receive and complete all necessary
- Train support direct reports in correct processes and
- Provide effective coaching, to direct reports.
- Conduct timely performance management process and communicate
development needs with subordinates.
- Set goals and identify areas for improvement for direct
- Utilize the corrective action process to consistently document
and coach poor performers you identify.
- Communicate with direct reports on possible career paths and
- Develop and promote a diverse team.
- Responsible for driving business results and customer
experience through strong leadership of team.
- Open and close the store, including weekends
- Approve select point of sale transactions such as returns and
- Resolve escalated customer service issues as needed.
- Understand and be able to use and train direct reports on all
building operating systems.
- Manage and lead entire store when store manager is not
- Identify store and team needs and drive solutions to enhance
Education / Experience Requirements:
Position Contribution Level: Intermediate Level
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education
- Experience in retail management.
- Significant leadership experience
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in computer business-related computer equipment and
software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc).
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, analytical and reasoning
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other
related business equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to push / pull receiving equipment weighing up to 500
lbs such as rolling flats, z-racks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor,
shelves, racks, and hooks and place items on floor, shelves, racks
- Ability to work at a safe and steady pace.
Supervisor: Store Manager
Supervises: Merchandising Team and Operations Team
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application
experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We
are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the
"Americans with Disabilities Act," and the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the
belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a
disability, please contact us via email at
HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the
inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the
information presented and we will be happy to send it to you,
either via your email address or a separate mailing address you
provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared
Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to
assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require
all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment
laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the
spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train,
promote and retain associates without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national
origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information,
military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic
protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Keywords: Belk, Greenville , Merchandising Team Manager, Other , Williamston, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!