Clinical Assistant/Nursing Assistant - IM (3)
Company: Physicians East
Posted on: June 10, 2021
SUMMARY POSITION: The clinical assistant performs under the
direction of a physician, mid-level provider, RN, or LPN and within
the framework of the office policies and procedures for the
clinical department. Educational training from a Clinical
Assistant, EMT, Nursing Assistant or Paramedic program. Job
experience maybe substitute in lieu of the educational
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend to complete health history.
- Perform accurate measurement of vital signs, including blood
pressure, temperature, pulse, weight and height.
- Remember allergies, medications, and pertinent lab work
- Assist the physician or mid-level provider with common
procedures that involve little or no modification from one
situation to another and may be performed with a predictable
Treadmill c. Flexible sigmoidoscopy
d. Dressing changes
e. Various procedures with other departments and clinics and
co-ordinates related to f appointments.
Make referrals to other physicians with authorization
from patient's insurance company g. Attend with Pap smears
h. Set up sterile
tray i. Assist with bone marrow biopsy, thoracentesis,
paracentesis or lumbar puncture.
j. Ear lavage
- Assisting people through lifting and turning as needed
utilizing next body mechanics
- Assist patient to and from vehicle via wheelchair as
- It's effectively with patients and staff.
- It's a very, very good time.
- Perform errands as delegated by station supervisor.
- Restock and cleans examination rooms maintaining a clean and
orderly work area.
- Keep clinical supervisor informed of high-risk situations
- It's not just about the clean-up of equipment.
- Practice infection control, following OSHA guidelines and
- Keep yearly CPR certification
- Attend fire safety classes, clinical meetings and other
continuing education classes as offered by Physicians East, PA
- Present in professional image and follows dress code as for
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. I have to be
required to follow other instructions and to perform any other
duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Educational training from a Clinical Assistant, EMT, Nursing
Assistant or Paramedic program. Job experience maybe substitute in
lieu of the educational requirement
Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
Standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing
up to 100 pounds. Normal visual acuity and hearing. It requires
exposure to bodily fluids.
Keywords: Physicians East, Greenville , Clinical Assistant/Nursing Assistant - IM (3), Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!