Company: ABB LTD
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is
energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a
more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal
of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender,
LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are
embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually
and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power
distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and
medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your
tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally
friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
The role reports to the TMC Transport and Trade Specialist and is
located in Pinetops, North Carolina. As a Shipping Associate, you
will be responsible for physically receiving materials and putting
them in the proper location, as well as data entry of the receipt
information in SAP. Coordinate serial numbers and track locations.
This position will use previous shop knowledge to solve simple
day-to-day problems. Performs material handling duties as
- Maintain detailed list of products and locations.
- Efficiently locate information; must demonstrate during
- Ensure that correct material is received.
- Study and follow instructions.
- Accurately complete SAP transactions.
- Follow all safety and 5S guidelines.
- Assist in maintaining files and records of receiving documents
for domestic and international transactions.
- Assist in training others.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Communicate clearly.
- Physical duties of warehousing: De-palletizing and palletizing
for storage. Frequent operation of forklift.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of related
- Must have basic math skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; must demonstrate
during selection process.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment with
the ability to learn new skills and contribute to a continuous
- Work overtime as required.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn all positions/
- Required to wear steel toe safety shoes and safety
- Experience with SAP preferred; ability to learn SAP quickly is
- Fork Truck Operator License - Required within 30 days of
selection for this vacancy.
- A team player and work daily using ABB core values: "Respect,
Responsibility and Determination".
- Able and willing to use the following tools and other
miscellaneous tools and equipment as required like Forklift and
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to
discover more about ABB, take another look at our website
www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at
ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative
Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion,
sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave
status, or protected veterans status. For more information
regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the
following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB LTD, Greenville , Shipping Associate, Other , Pinetops, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!