Patient Assistance Representative
Company: Greene County Health Care Inc. (GCHC)
Location: Snow Hill
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Greene County Health Care is a Community Health Center providing
comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services for
members of our communities in Greene, Pitt and Pamlico counties in
eastern North Carolina.
The Patient Assistance Representative provides support to navigate
patients through GCHC services and supports the Medical, Dental and
Integrated Care teams from within the Patient Assistance
Responsibilities And Duties
- Fostering a positive culture and creating an excellent
experience for patients
- Answering incoming calls in a professional manner
- Welcoming patients and other individuals
- Scheduling appointments
- Patient registrations
- Verifying and updating demographic and insurance
- Providing assistance to patients and connection to
- Assisting patients with completion of forms
- Maintaining confidentiality of information
Qualifications And Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of customer service experience. Medical office
experience with basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English,
with the ability to also effectively communicate verbally and in
writing in Spanish preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office and ability to learn new software
- Strong verbal communication, customer service and interpersonal
- Excellent cultural competency and cross-cultural communication
- Critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills to
solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to work independently and also cooperatively with the
health care team to achieve objectives.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear,
effective manner for a general audience.
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Greene County Health Care Inc. (GCHC), Greenville , Patient Assistance Representative, Other , Snow Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!