Hydraulic System Leader
Company: Hyster-Yale Group
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Title Hydraulic System Leader Job Family Job Description Put
a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class
manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding
opportunity for an exceptional and talented Hydraulic System Leader
located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures,
sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and
aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand
names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling
industry and have been building relationships and partnering with
our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 90 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic Hydraulic System Leader, who will
have a positive influence on the organization and the Warehouse
Product Development Center team. T he Hydraulic System Leader's
Primary Purpose will be to:
- Lead the hydraulic system team new product introduction design
- Deliver robust, innovative new Warehouse Product hydraulic
system solutions that meet functional and business
- Develop and manage project plans to ensure hydraulic system
team deliverables are achieved.
- Prioritize hydraulic system team design activities through new
product development phases including support tasks for cross
functional project teams.
- Identify and implement processes to improve product development
and delivered quality of hydraulic system team solutions.
- Recommend hydraulic system improvement opportunities for
- Provide hydraulic system technical support to internal HYG
- Supervise professional development of hydraulic system team
members. T he Successful Hydraulic System Leader Will Provide the
Following Key Accountabilities: New Product Introductions (NPI);
- Develop hydraulic system concept proposals including predictive
performance, cost estimates, and packaging requirements,
- Prepare project support plan including resource needs, capital
expenses, and discretionary expenses,
- Approve hydraulic system & component requirements,
- Create/review supplier product requirement documents and assess
supplier technical proposals,
- Manage detail design and ECN release schedule commitments,
- Provide/assign technical design support for prototype, pilot,
- Review and approve hydraulic system and component analytical
and physical verification tests,
- Generate hydraulic system team Review Gate (RG) input
- Supply general technical hydraulic system design support for
platform, procurement, quality, manufacturing, technical
publications, and aftermarket teams. Value Improvement Projects
- Identify hydraulic system innovation and/or cost reduction
- Lead system innovation projects to develop new product features
including potential intellectual property for HYG,
- Lead cross functional team to validate system innovation
proposals or implement VIP into production. General Product
- Take a leadership role in identifying and implementing
development process improvements,
- Support Warehouse Product Development Center (WPDC) group
- Participate on WPDC Truck System leadership team,
- Participate on global hydraulic system Functional Excellence
- Provide technical support for hydraulic system field
- Support HYG law and risk Management activities. Hydraulic
System Functional Team;
- Supervise hydraulic team members,
- Create individual development plans for team,
- Conduct ongoing and yearly performance evaluations. . The
Successful Hydraulic System Leader Must Meet the Following Minimum
- BS degree in Engineering (minimum requirement).
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience with design engineering, team
leadership and project management.
- Specialized knowledge of hydraulic system and component design.
Broad working knowledge of electric forklift hydraulic systems
- Specialized knowledge with electro-hydraulic system and
component design preferred.
- Working experience with hydraulic component suppliers.
- Working experience with hydraulic manufacturing technology and
- Broad knowledge of global hydraulic Codes and Standards.
- Proficiency in project planning, budgeting, and
- Competency with processes and techniques that yield innovative
- Good judgment and ability to take decisive actions to develop
- Experience in identifying and implementing improved product
- Systematic problem-solving capability including principles and
methods to troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in design and
- Good leadership and teamwork skills to drive design team and to
work effectively in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Occasional travel may be required (less than 10% total time)
Job ID 0136 Employment Type Full time Work Hours 40 Travel Required
10-25% Primary Location HYG US Greenville, NC (WPDC) Address 5200
Martin Luther King Jr Hwy Zip Code 27834 Field-Based No Relocation
Assistance Available Yes We are an equal opportunity employer with
an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life
insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Keywords: Hyster-Yale Group, Greenville , Hydraulic System Leader, Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!