Lead Custodian - Ridgewood
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Pitt County Schools Job DescriptionCustodian/Bus DriverReports
To: School Principal / Head CustodianTerm of Employment: January 1,
2022 - until Supervises: No onePerformance Evaluation: Performance
to be evaluated annually by the principal, head custodian, and the
bus supervisorEducation/Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED.
Must be eligible for school bus driver's license
(CDL).Responsibilities and Duties:
- Clean and wash floors, walls, ceilings; dust and polish
furniture; wash windows; strip, spray, buff, wax and polish floors;
wash and clean restrooms.
- Disposal of garbage and trash
- Set up and shift furniture and furnishings as required
- Provide assistance to students, teachers, public, and any other
employee as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain grounds by cutting grass with hand and power mowers,
collecting litter, trimming bushes and small trees, raking grounds
and performing minor repairs to walks, paths, walls play apparatus,
roads, and site improvements. Snow removal duties as assigned.
- Assist in building maintenance on a handyman's level by
replacing window glass, cleaning gutters and drainpipes, freeing
stopped sanitary and sink plumbing, repairing leaks, repairing
furniture, doing simple painting, replacing lights, and performing
other related work.
- Transport teaching supplies and equipment as required by the
teaching staff and principal.
- Operate heating, lighting, ventilation, and electrical controls
as specified. Perform routing lubrication services and minor
preventive maintenance services.
- Perform inventory control checks.
- Assist in key maintenance program.
- Operate security systems and fire safety systems.
- Inspect buildings, report deficiencies.
- Maintain watch over property and grounds against trespassing,
vandalism, and fire hazards. Signal police and fire
- Order miscellaneous custodial material and supplies.
- Maintain bus license and accept bus driver assignments as
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisorPhysical
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific
vision includes depth perception and ability to see color.
- Position Type:Full-timeJob Category :Support Staff >
CustodianEqual Opportunity Employer0 Contact Information
- Glen Buck
- 1717 W 5th Street
- Greenville,North Carolina 27834-1698
- Phone: 252-830-4200
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Greenville , Lead Custodian - Ridgewood, Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!