QC Scientist II
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: January 10, 2022
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.We have industry leading sterile
injectable facilities providing solutions to take crucial product
from Pre-Clinical to the market. Pharmaceutical products come in
many different dose forms including inhalations, oral dose,
cream/ointments and injectables.How will you make an impact?You'll
provide moderately sophisticated laboratory testing support to meet
the business objectives. You'll perform analysis following
specified instructions from supervisor, SOPs and analytical
procedures. Calculate results and compare to specification
limits.What will you do?
- Perform analyses including instrumental and automated methods
prescribed procedures and techniques.
- Maintain well-documented laboratory notebooks and records.
- Perform calculations to convert laboratory data into a
- Compare laboratory results with specifications for
determines if repetition or OOS is required. Reports results on
- Interprets test results.
- Schedules activities to meet target dates in order to meet the
needs of the supported area.
- Prepares summary reports and memos. Writes and reviews SOPs
revises analytical procedures.
- Ensures safety, housekeeping and compliance issues are
maintained. It is the responsibility of each employee to work in a
safe and responsible manner in order to build an injury free and
incident free workplace.
- Comply with all job-related safety and other training
- Handles assigned asks with little oversight and takes
initiative (i.e. problem solves unprompted).
- Provide technical mentorship to others and participates in
safety discussions/committees as needed while ensuring that the lab
is maintained in a safe operating condition as per company safety
- Bachelor's degree in physical science, preferably in Chemistry
- 2+ years of work experience performing tests or analyses for
pharmaceutical raw materials, finished products, or microbiological
- Experience working in a GMP environment preferred.
- Experience with chromatographic data acquisition systems
preferred.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Broad knowledge of analytical, chemical or microbiological
- Knowledge of methods development approaches, analytical
validations, quality control statistics, documentation and
adherence to SOPs.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Presentation & Organizational Skills (Attention to detail)
- Ability to write, legible quality technical reports and
delivers effective oral presentations.
- Ability to optimally collaborate with others to achieve team
expectations while also being able to work independently and handle
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft applications
- Interest in researching and implementation of new approaches in
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Greenville , QC Scientist II, Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!