Company: First Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY:The position of Teller II is responsible
for performing routine and intermediate branch and customer
services duties: accepts retail and commercial checking and savings
deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings
withdrawals; assists with night depository and vault duties;
promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer
relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new
services. Incumbents in this position possess 3-5 years of Teller
experience. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by
determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper
form, and issuing receipts.
- Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances;
confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in
proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when
questionable items are presented for cashing or depositing.
- Assists with night depository duties; logging bags, processing
deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts and returning bags
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in
balancing vault currency and coin.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process
account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within
- Issues official checks, traveler's checks and gift cards.
- Cross-sells the Bank's other products and services, referring
customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
- Accepts loan, credit card and installment payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being bought from
and sold to the vault.
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving
problems within given authority.
- Records, files, updates information and sorts' mail or reports
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank
- Processes teller work through branch capture and assists with
- May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency
transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Processes address changes, check orders, traveler's checks,
incoming and outgoing collections, change orders and deposit slip
- Type's routine letters, reports and forms.
- Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and
- Takes steps to ensure security of Branch personnel & Bank
- Fully understands opening/closing procedures, as well as all
other security procedures.
- May prepare and verify order of shipment of currency.
- Completes annual compliance courses.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures.
Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws; including,
the Bank Secrecy Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Adheres to all levels of our Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required. GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge & Experience: These specifications are general guidelines
based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to
the satisfactory performance of this position. Individual abilities
may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Work
related experience could consist of reception or secretarial duties
in a business environment.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions,
formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be
business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate knowledge of Bank operations, products and
services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other
Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – ability
to work with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet
and specialty software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct personnel. Physical Demands/Work
Environment: Vision, hearing, speech, dexterity, visual
concentration. A valid driver's license is required. Must have the
ability to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers. Must have
the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the
essential functions of the position, as scheduled. The environment
is a professional office with standard office equipment. Cognitive
Requirements: Learning, thinking, concentration, ability to
exercise self-control, ability to work in a customer relations'
environment. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be
able to work as a member of a team. Must have the ability to
interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise
self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations'
situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as
appropriate judgments when necessary. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: First Bank, Greenville , Teller II, Other , Washington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!