Yard Associate (Full Time)
Company: Agri Supply Company
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionMake sure inventory is organized and shoppable on
the yard, loads customer purchases into their vehicles, and assist
in the shop with light assembly and maintenance. Duties &
- Provide high level of customer service by reviewing the
purchase ticket and loading purchased merchandise into the
- Obtain proper documents from customer for record keeping.
- Use forklift, pallet jack, or any other available approved
device to maneuver and load customer vehicles.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items,
record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages
and shortages. Route items to appropriate departments.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices in order to promote a
safe and clean working environment
- Weigh materials or products and record weight on tags, labels,
or production schedules.
- Lubricate truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or
replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Maintain yard stock in a clean and organized manner
- Rotate yard stock and safely move materials using a
- Compare information on requisitions, invoices, and shipping
notices to material received or issued to verify accuracy of
- Comply and maintain inventory of material received, stocked,
- Inspect, and either accept or reject material received.
- Inspect all equipment used daily for issues and report any
findings to the Yard Lead or store management.
- Assemble products partially or completely, working at bench or
on shop floor
- Assemble parts according to knowledge of units being assembled
or following instructions. Fastens parts together with bolts,
screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Operate drill presses, punch presses, or riveting machines to
assist in assembly operation.
- Paint merchandise if needed.
- Any and all other duties assigned by managementQualifications &
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
- 6+ months of previous sales experience
- Previous experience in retail or agricultural background a
- Basic assembly or mechanical skills preferred
- Previous forklift experience strongly preferred or willingness
to get certified within first 90 days
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Additional NotesWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes
or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise
level in the work environment can be loud.EEO EmployerPowered by
Keywords: Agri Supply Company, Greenville , Yard Associate (Full Time), Other , Greenville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!