Lawn Specialist - Weekly Pay + Benefits
Posted on: June 23, 2022
$15.00 an hour
840 West Star Street, Greenville, North Carolina 27834
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our
associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud,
dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and
professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an
employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides service to residential or commercial customers by making
timely lawn/landscape applications, diagnosing and correcting
lawn/landscaping problems through service calls and other customer
communications, and selling/up-selling services to new and/or
existing customers, resulting in the growth of the customer
1. Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to
schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
2. Drives company vehicle to customer location.
3. Responds on a timely basis to customer requests for telephone
and in-person service calls.
4. Completes required production forms and customer
5. Assists in sales to current customers through contact on route
6. Measures the lawn of potential customers to provide them with an
accurate cost of TruGreen's lawn care service.
7. Performs a daily three-minute, 360-degree inspection of truck
and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon
8. Completes production reports, new sales forms, customer invoice
forms, daily vehicle inspection report, and cancel/skip notices as
9. Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and
10. Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED or 6 months to 1-year related
experience and/or training in horticulture and/or customer service
or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Attainment of license and/or certification may be required
according to federal, state, or local government regulation
- Requires extensive local driving. Valid, permanent driver's
license from state of residence and a clean driving record per
company standards are required. Must be able to obtain and maintain
a valid DOT medical card. Must be 19 years of age by date of
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills, including
punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works
indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to
foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
Regularly required to:
- Sit or stand
- Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral,
depth, and focus
- Lift up to 50 lbs independently
- Push and pull equipment
Occasionally required to:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Moderate to loud
- Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme
cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions
- Subject to exposure to animals and insects
- Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety
- Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage
diverse candidates to apply to this position.
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call
or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone
dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss
possible employment opportunities, my account, including current
and possible future services, customer service and billing. I
understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to
inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and
that I may revoke this permission at any time.
Keywords: TruGreen, Greenville , Lawn Specialist - Weekly Pay + Benefits, Other , Robersonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!